PROLOGUE. ACT 1

ACT. I
[THE ORIGIN]

____

AMAYAS BONES ACHED, she felt as if they were splintering, piercing through her heart and tearing at her limbs. She pushed. For the first time in her life, she fought. A new found sense of mental strength that she thought she could never grasp. However, here she stood, amongst the rubble of her destroyed home, and amongst the fresh corpses of her family. Despite what she could see, she had the strength to haul herself up.

Her heart thudded and her stomach was in knots, everyone was dead. She had no one. She would eventually die alone in the Undercity with no protection. Although mentally, the strength was there. She could never face the monsters that lurked in those streets, now that she was an orphan, no one would ever be willing to take a topside stray in.

The girl stared furiously at her wrecked home, her family was murdered. They were slaughtered, like animals. Sheer rage fuelled her adrenaline. Amaya would stop at nothing to find who had done this, even if it meant dismantling her own body piece by piece. She will avenge them. No matter the cost and no matter the price.

Coughing, Amaya wiped the blood from her nose, deep crimson staining the back of her hand, she paid no mind. She limped forward, no exact destination in mind, but anywhere away from here would suffice. Finally, she tore her gaze away from her old home, accepting that, that chapter in her life, was over. The girl sniffled, thinking about what she had lost, her parents, her brothers, and her baby sist-

"Oi!" A gruff, British accent rung through Amayas ears, cutting her train of thought in half. She snapped her head towards the sound, and narrowed her eyes hesitantly, almost to say, 'take another step and I'll run', noticing this, the built man held his great big hands up in surrender, "don't be scared, I'm not here to hurt you..."

Amaya gulped, and with a shaky voice, she stuttered, "wh-who are you?! Don't come any closer- or I'll.. I'll hurt you! Please stay back!" the poor girl was visibly distressed, and the stranger could clearly see that. However, that didn't discourage him.

"I'm not here to hurt you, my name is Vander, I heard the commotion and wanted to come check it out, I can help you," he said, slowly, "whoever did this, I promise has nothing to do with me,"

"My family- they killed... They killed my family!" She cried, "I have nothing!"

"Shh, don't stress, I can take you somewhere warm, with food and a change of clothes- it seems like you need it," he chuckled, trying to ease the frightened girl, "what's your name little one?"

"A-Amaya...sir"

"Drop the sir,"

"Yes o-of course, sorry"

"We'll work on that," Vander said, slowly coming closer to the girl, "but, I think ill call you Maya, how does that sound?"

"Maya... I like that."

"Good- you'll wanna get used to it"

______

A/N: prologue done!!!

i noticed a lack of vi fics, im here to help

amaya doesnt have a specific look- so you can imagine her as anyone or even yourself, her body type, skin tone, eye colour, and hair colour etc is up to you to imagine. all she has is just that name because i HATE y/n and (name) stories

and i wanted to make it inclusive to poc readers as well