FOUR

[CHAPTER FOUR]

_______

     THE GROUP HAD ALL GATHERED IN THEIR TRAINING ROOM, Mylo and Claggor were bickering, and once again, Mylo was insulting Powder. Vi, however was sparring with the boxing machine. Her strength was absolutely unmatched... no one besides Vander could ever dream of surpassing her. Her fists were like gifts from God. Amaya had always thought that, ever since Vi knocked her on her ass during a session. The girl was just in awe, and always enjoyed when Vi offered to help train her upper body strength.

"Remind me why we bother with this dump," Mylo groaned, fiddling with one of the training guns, which was clogged with dust. His voice brought Amaya out of her trance, of who stood up to stand next to him.

"Vander said to lay low," Vi started, wiping sweat off her forehead, "enforcers never come down her, so this is as good a place as any."

"Oh, what's the matter, Mylo?" Claggor teased his friend, "you worried Powder's gonna beat you again?"

"Damn right he is," Amaya quipped.

"Hey! Shut your mouth, Maya," the boy countered, obviously not meaning it, "if  she didn't keep fixing these things, I wouldn't keep missing-" just as he said that, Powder jumped up from behind the shooting range, a scowl on her kiddish features, she was holding a great big plug, of which she slammed together, with a small smirk on her face as the range was lit up in neon colours. She nudged Mylo before skipping away. The boy rolled his eyes, and took shots at the moving cardboard stands.

"You sure it's Powders job you keep missing?" Amaya giggled, taking the small gun fron Mylo, who rolled his eyes at her cockiness, "let me demonstrate how it's done, sound cool?"

"Shut-"

Mylo didn't get to finish his sentence as Amaya aimed the gun, and shot all the moving figures dead on target, without any issues, she hummed, proud of herself. Shs had worked on her aim the most since arriving, and it had proven useful when it was needed. However, she was interrupted when Vi spoke.

"You guys know I wouldn't take you on a job you couldn't handle, right?" she wearily said, bandaging her damaged knuckles, Amaya frowned.

"Vi," she started, "that was the best job we've ever done... stop beating yourself up."

"Yeah! Maybe just dont take Powder next time," Mylo butt in, giving the kid a side eye, who looked offended at his backhanded comment, she scowled and picked up one of the guns, pointing it at the range, repeatedly hitting the right places. At this, Mylo scoffed, embarrassed that a little girl could show him up.

Indistinct chatter could be heard from outside, something was happening, because the sounded of people clamouring was extremely apparent. Powder grabbed onto Amayas arm and whispered, "can you hear that, Maya?"

"Sure can... Something's happening," the older girl made her way to the crack in the window, where she peered out, only to see a group of enforcers questioning a man who looked like he was having none of it, as he managed to spit on the enforcers shoes. Stepping back from the window, she guided Powder to the side as she said, "hey guys, I think you should see this-"

At that moment, the man from outside was thrown into the room, smashing the glass and scaring the shit out of everyone. Amaya gasped and shielded her face from the incoming glass. Vi swiftly ran to the edge of the machine and looked in the direction he came flying in from, to see enforcers staring right at her.