SIX. ACT 2

[CHAPTER SIX]
ACT. 2

YEARS LATER...
_______

        "HOW AM I MEANT TO BE WORKING AS AN ENFORCER, if my own one is right behind me at all times? My mother is ridiculous," Caitlyn whines, her elegant accent was thick, "surely if you're going to be there the whole time, you could just guard the showcase instead?"

"Sorry, Cait. I can't go against your moms word. My life quite literally depends on it," Amaya replies, staring at her four remaining fingers on her right hand, "at least I can keep you company, surely that's not so bad?"

"I suppose so," Caitlyn sighs, tightening the straps on her uniform, "the only luxury I've ever gotten was being able to pick my personal guard."

"You say that like it was the best decision of your life," Amaya was quick to reply, looking over at Caitlyn from her spot beside her door.

"Maybe it was," she hummed, "you're practically my sister now... guard or not."

"Aw is the little warrior princess becoming soft?"

"you're impossible, you know," she chucked, pulling her hair out of her face, "we can't have one nice moment without you cracking your silly jokes."

"You think they're silly? That's so insensitive!" Amaya feigned hurt, hand on her heart, "the privilege is getting to your head, Cait."

At that, the girl rolled her eyes, a small smile graced her lips, "it could never."

"Don't be so sure," Amaya teased, "well? Are we going to this progress day thing or what? We're running late, and I'll be the one that gets it when your mom finds out."

"I'm coming... lord."

____

"This is so boring," Amaya groaned, rubbing her eyes, she would never get used to how bright it could get up in topside.

"Amaya, I warned you."

"Yeah! But, I didn't think it'd be this boring!" she whined, looking around at the array of people scattered around this event, "progress day my ass..."

"You know, one day someone's going to hear your little remarks," Caitlyn says, side eying the girl, "I hope it's my mother."

"Praying for my downfall, I see."

"Always have been."

"You little-" as she spoke, she spotted someone sneaking up on Caitlyn, without hesitation she reached to apprehend the man. Not realising it was Jayce.

"Ow, ow, ow! Amaya!"

"Serves you right," Caitlyn smirks, as the man was now rubbing his wrists in pain, as a result of Amayas strength. She makes contact with Caitlyns mother before moving the girl out of sight.

"You still avoiding her?" Jayce asks.

"I'm working, she counters, moving to stand next to Amaya.

"Yes, I can see that."

"Shut up, Jayce."

"Morning, Amaya. Always a pleasure," he said, teasing the girl, "anyway, there's so much crime to thwart outside your family's tent." he chuckles.