NINE

[CHAPTER NINE]

___

       "WHAT? EKKO TOOK SEVIKA OUT IN ONE HIT?" Vi whisper shouted, the two girls were still outside catching up, for probably longer than they were supposed to, but they had been separated for years. How could you blame them? Vi could hardly believe it, all this time, she thought the girl that had her heart in her grasp was dead. But, here she stood, in all her glory. The pink haired girl thought she was as gorgeous as she was when they first met, if not more. Amaya had matured, even if her childish remarks didn't. Nevertheless, Vi couldn't take her eyes off of her, she was gorgeous. Her buttercup.

"Yeah! Who would of thought that little squirt had it in him? Though, I owe him my life for it... only God knows how much they would have tortured and damaged me." Amaya replied, looking across at the girl.

"Next time I see her, I'll kill her," Vi stated, "For even attempting to lay one of her filthy little claws on you."

"Cute."

"I try."

"Well, you're doing a good job."

God, Vi loved this girl.

"Hey, buttercup, um- the night of the explosion," She started, "there was something else I wanted to say to you-"

"Amaya! I've been waiting for you, for ages!" The two girls turned to see Caitlyn stood there, arms crossed, "Stop flirting, I deserve an explanation." Amaya locked eyes with Vi almost to ask 'I can stay, if you want'.

"Don't worry, I'll go on ahead, I won't go too far," Vi said, putting her hands in her pockets, winking at Amaya before walking off.

"Care to explain?"

"Well-" Amaya started, "Me and Vi are childhood friends. I was born in topside, and spent a bit of my childhood there, but then my family was slaughtered. And a man, who was like my father took me in. I was raised in the undercity, and I was also there the day we robbed your parents and Jayces penthouse."

"That was you?"

"Yup, sorry not sorry."

"How- how did you even get back up on topside?"

"Something happened, and I thought Vi, and the rest of our family died, so I worked my way up from nothing and enrolled with the enforcers." Amaya said, leaving out the part about being Ekkos spy.

"I see..." Caitlyn said, "I'm sorry- that must have been hard for you."

"It was- but then I met you, my sister," she smiled, "and everything felt okay."

"That's extremely cheesy."

"And you said I always ruin our moments."

"Majority of the time," Caitlyn sighed, "anyway- you and Vi seem to be-"

"Do not start this." Amaya immediately said, she did not want to talk about her feelings for to the girl to Caitlyn.

"It is so clear- you both are obsessed with each other!" She counters, flailing her arms about, before grabbing her shoulders, "You. Like. Her."

"No I-"

"You love her?"

Amaya was silent.

___

"Where's my sister?" Vi growled, gripping Sevika by the collar, practically spitting in her face, "Where's he keeping her?"

"Keeping her? You mean Jinx?" Sevika spat, her eyes were sinister, "She works for him. She's like his daughter." she said, almost mockingly, as her lips turned up into a smirk. At this, Vi let out a shaky breath, as her lips started to quiver, slightly loosening her grip on the womans neck. Taking this as an opportunity, Sevika pierced through Vis skin, making her grunt. The woman then leaned up to her ear, and whispered, "that bitch girlfriend of yours would have joined us too, if she didn't go running off with topsiders. If anyones the traitor, it's her."

That last line caused Vis body to vibrate with rage, she wanted to break every bone in Sevikas body, however she didn't have the strength, her arms and legs had turned into jelly, and the excruciating pain she felt in her side blinded her judgment. The woman then shoved Vi off of her and on to the floor, as she desperately tried to crawl away, Sevika grabbed her chin, angling her metal claws in front of her face, before saying, "I'll send her your regards."

Though, before she could even get a chance, the shimmer canister, that powered the arm, was shot with a bullet. And Vi knew exactly whose it was. Looking up, Sevika could see Amaya, who looked angrier than anyone had ever seen, with Caitlyn stood behind her. Noticing that Amaya was going to fire again, the woman panicked, and started to run off. Swiftly, the girl jumped off of where she stood, Caitlyn falling clumsily behind her. Amaya cautiously surveyed the area, before going to Vis aid.

"Good shot, buttercup," She breathed, "you're even better than I remember..."

"Well, I have had years of training while you were off starting fights in prison." She taunted, before saying, "You know Silco's gonna know we're here now?"

"I think it was an idiot decision to fight her." Caitlyn interrupted, and Vi rolled her eyes.

"You gonna help me out, gorgeous?" She spoke, ignoring what Caitlyn had said, as she weakly held her hand up for Amaya to grab. It was then she noticed the gaping wound in her side.

"Right here, you brute." She then lifted Vi into her arms, "Cait, could you keep a hand on her shoulder, to keep her steady?"

"Yes, of course."

___

a/n sorry this chapters really short- i am so tired

something longer will be out tomorrow