3. Reality

Two months had gone by and Ajaya and Spade still had not crossed paths. she continued to work her normal schedule and live her normal life. She often thought about the intimate moments that they shared, as did he. Still, she refused to let this cloud her judgment and the path that she was on.

Ajaya was home sick in bed on this particular day . She had been having migraines non stop for the last 3 days and they had her down bad .  Lisha had been coming by periodically to check on her  and bring her food . She was waiting on her to arrive at the moment . She hadn't been out of bed and didn't plan on getting out of bed. Ajaya continued to lay there in the dark room with her eyes closed waiting for her sister.

When Alisha arrived she spread the food out on the bed for Ajaya and gave her pain medicine hoping that it would relieve her headache . She hated seeing her baby sister this way . She figured it was just Ajayas period. Her periods had always been tough every since she had started having them . She also figured as much, because all of their periods were in sync when one was on so was the other . They were just that close .

Alisha got Ajaya settled before digging around in her purse looking for a tampon . She continued to dig around in her purse causing Ajaya to become aggravated and ask her what she was looking for .

"I need a tampon , I thought I had one in my purse . I'll just use one of yours . Are they in the closet or under the sink?" Alisha questioned .  It was in that moment that reality hit Ajaya like a freight train.  In that moment she was stuck . Staring into space . Her mouth was agape slightly and her mind was running rapid .  Her eyes filled with water and tears were now threatening to fall . Alisha was now alarmed. She was confused as well . She asked Ajaya  what was wrong at least 3 times, but it was almost as if Ajaya couldn't hear her.

"I think I fucked up Lisha" she said as a tear cascaded down her cheek . Confusion now spread across Alisha's face she didn't know what Jay was talking about or what she had done, but she could tell that it was serious . She stared at her sister with pleading eyes . Basically begging her to tell her what was going on .

"I'm late lisha  , I haven't had a period and I didn't realize it until you just asked for a tampon" Ajaya said finally making eye contact with her sister . Lishahugged her baby sister and told her that things would be okay and that they would figure it out .Alisha let her sister go and stared at her again with a raised eyebrow and questioning eyes. She now had grown folks questions that needed answers . That is until her mind registered .

"Spade bitch ?" Alisha questioned with wide eye

"Spade bitch" Ajaya said in a matter of fact tone face palming herself. She watched as Alisha picked up her phone and began FaceTiming Megan.

"Red get here bitch we at Jay's and stop and get a pregnancy test for me" Alisha spoke fast paced . Megan didn't exchange any words with her besides "bet" before disconnecting the call .  Ajaya sat there staring off into space as Alisha sat there with her in a comfortable silence . She didn't want to have to make Jay repeat herself once Megan got there so she was comfortable with waiting .  After about 15 minutes Megan was at the door . When she entered the bedroom she handed the test to  Lisha with sad puppy like eyes.

Ajaya took the test from her sister and stepped out of the bed with it still in my hands.  She looked at both of them with scared eyes. Ajaya was not ready to be a mom. She wanted to make sure her child had a family when she brought him or her into this world, and right now that wasn't something that she could guarantee.  True enough she was stable and doing well for herself, but Ajaya wanted more for any child that she chose to bring into this world.

If this was what it was, She wasn't going to run away from it though. She would just have to be a woman and take care of her child.  This was a decision that she made without the thought of this happening to her, so this is what we get when we don't think.