1. Creating Conditions

Ajaya stuck her head through the door of the hospital room seeing her patient sound asleep . She finished her rounds for the night and left work .

26 Year old Ajaya Jones reflected on her life as she drove home in silence. Ajaya was the baby of 3 children . She has 2 older sisters Aleah who's 36 and a dentist and Alisha who had just turned 28 and she owned a hair salon. The sisters had a rough life growing up .

2 months after Ajaya was born, the sisters were placed in foster care due to their parents both being addicted to crack cocaine. They were originally from Louisiana, but moved to Florida when they were adopted.

Ajaya often thought about how grateful they were to have a family that was willing to adopt all three of them . Their adoptive parents were Barbra and Johnny Jones . Ms. Jones was a school teacher and Mr. Jones was a veteran and owned a mechanic shop . The Jones provided the girls with with an exceptional life . All three of the girls went to college , and were successful in their careers .

Mr. and Mrs. Jones were killed in a car accident last year . Ajaya often missed them . She also broke up with Brandon, her boyfriend of 6 years, last year after catching him cheating on her several times . Ajaya hated Brandon and as far as she was concerned she never wanted to see him again .

Ajaya felt as if she wasted her early twenties being a wife to a man that wasn't her husband . She completely changed her life for him and took care of his every need . Brandon was unfaithful to Ajaya on several occasions . She constantly made excuses for his actions that is until she caught him in bed with her best friend Dani . That was when she decided that she was done and no longer wanted to be in the relationship .

"Why do you keep calling me back to back lisha ?" Ajaya answered her ringing phone as she stepped through the door of her condo. She sat her purse on the counter and kicked her shoes off .

"Get cute we're going out tonight . I'll be at your house in 30 minutes," Alisha spoke ending the call before Ajaya could respond.

Ajaya rolled her eyes walking to her bathroom so that she could take a shower . Alisha had a bad habit of just telling that they were going out and not giving her a chance to object. She always complained that Ajaya needed to go out more, so she would make sure she went out with her atleast twice a month .

Ajaya was more of the introvert out of all of the children . She never had many friends and she mostly stayed to herself . Ajaya's appearance always seemed to intrigue other people, but she never entertained many . In fact, Brandon was the only man that she's ever had sex with . The sad part was that she never really enjoyed having sex with him . Brandon didn't care about anybody's nut but his own .

Ajaya stepped out of the shower and moisturized her body and pulled her curly hair into a high bun leaving a few curly hairs out . Ajaya went to her closet in search of something to wear . Her eyes landed on a black satin dress with thin straps and a low cut back that would display her spine tattoo perfectly . Ajaya smirked looking at her black heels that held a thin strip of fur across the toes , knowing it would go perfect with her dress .

Ajaya did a natural make up look and wore her big hoop earrings and diamond necklaces . She heard a knock at her door just as she finished putting her eyelashes on . Ajaya snatched her door opened and revealed her sister and cousin Megan standing on the other side of the door .

Megan was their cousin that they often went to clubs with . Megan was 27 years old and had skin so bright her nick name was "Red" . Megan was dating big time dealer named Justin . They'd been dating on and off for about 4 years and their relationship got crazier each year .

"Jay I'm loving this dress baby , it's showing you off real good tonight" Alisha said looking over Ajaya causing her to grow self conscious and roll her eyes .