8. Tensions & Intimacy

The small, dimly lit apartment was filled with the intoxicating scent of Chinese takeout. Alisha smirked as she watched Ajaya devour her food .

" You can sit over there and act like them chicken wings and eggs rolls the best thing you ever ate all you want to but you still gon' spill the beans bitch," Lisha commented between bites, her eyes never leaving Ajaya.

Ajaya knew that Lisha and Red had been waiting for her to speak. They wanted the juicy details, but she honestly wanted to enjoy her Chinese food before diving into all the drama. She rolled her eyes at Lisha, hoping to end her intense stare, but it didn't work.

Ajaya finally gave in and began a quick rundown of how she and Spade had run into each other and how things had transpired. She kept it simple, not wanting to reveal the depths of her emotions just yet.

"I hate to tell you girl but that nigga got you blushing fucked up when you mention his name" Red said in a matter of fact tone while licking the lemon pepper from the chicken wings off her fingers .

Lisha chimed in with an arched eyebrow, a mischievous glint in her eye. "Yeah, there's definitely something different about your ass. I just can't put my finger on it."

Ajaya hesitated for a moment before responding, a playful smirk playing on her lips. "You thinking 'bout really taking this shit serious with him, huh?" Lisha asked, wiping her hands on a napkin and eagerly awaiting her sister's response.

Ajaya motioned her hand to her belly, as if to say she was being forced into this new phase of life. But her sister wasn't buying it.

"Nah, nah, nah, bitch. This ain't got shit to do with the baby. This is something different I see all over you . You let him fuck the shit out you again didn't it ? You cannot be doing all that rough ass shit while you pregnant Ajaya" Alisha spoke all in one breath causing Ajaya to roll her eyes .

Ajaya snapped back, her voice tinged with irritation. "Give it a rest, Alisha."

The truth was, deep inside, Ajaya felt something she couldn't easily express. She had never felt as safe and well taken care of as she did with Spade. It was a feeling beyond mere security. That alone made her want to give him all of herself. She couldn't put that into words, and she didn't want to get caught up in another one of her sister's fairy tales. This time was different, and Ajaya felt it deep in her heart.

Alisha's phone began to ring interrupting Ajaya's thoughts . She stated that it was their older sister Aleah calling on FaceTime before answering .

It had been months since Ajaya and Aleah spoke . The last words they spoke to one another were not the nicest .  Ajaya reflected back on the scene amongst the women .

"Ajaya have you lost your fucking mind ? You run off and get pregnant by somebody you don't even know . And to make matters worse he's a dope dealer ? What the fuck is on your mind . You can't be serious" Aleah stood over her sister 8 months pregnant expressing her frustration about her informing her that she was pregnant .

"Hey now Leah ," Alisha stated attempting to gain some resolve in the situation

"Ain't no hey now . This is the dumbest shit she's done yet . She always does some stupid ass shit and were the ones left to pick up her and the pieces in the end . What could you possibly have to give to a baby Ajaya? What could this dope selling ass nigga possibly have to give to a baby Ajaya ? You about to fuck up an innocent life because of a dumb ass decision you made ,"  Aleah continued to rant .

A frown and distaste had now spread across Ajayas face . She had grown tired of her sister speaking to her the way she was . She always wanted to play perfect party like her shit didn't stink . Like she doesn't live in a glass house .