One More Stop

Dorian and Blink stepped through the star gate and were instantly swept away in a storm of light that landed them in a Tavern called the Drunken goat, the place smelled of old ale and cigar smoke

Dorian and Blink stepped through the star gate and were instantly swept away in a storm of light that landed them in a Tavern called the Drunken goat, the place smelled of old ale and cigar smoke. The tables were old and busted, and the lights were dim, the place was crowded with all types of low life scum looking for a quick come up, gambling and yelling absurdities.

"Dorian, why are we on the main land at a Bar?"

"We are adults now Blink. I think I'll try some ale for the first time."

Dorian smiled and went right to the bar, Blink followed him nervously.

The bartender was a woman form the pisces constellation, half fish half humanoid some would call her a mermaid. Her skin was made of pale blue scales that shimmered in the dim tavern lights, her hair was long, curly, and held a fire red tent. Her eyes were big just like fish eyes Dorian didn't find her appealing at all but she was flirting with him and she offered them free drinks so he went along with it.
The bartender slid Blink his drink with a wink and a lick of her huge fish lips. Blink looked down at the dirty wooden mug in disgust before sliding it back to where it came.

"I think we should go straight to low island."

"You worry to much Master Blink." Dorian joked slapping Blink on the back.

"Don't call me that while we're here, I don't want anyone getting any ideas."

While Dorian enjoyed his drink and ignored Blinks pleads to leave, across the tavern ducked off in a corner booth that smelled of piss and the light that hung over the table would flicker in and out occasionally sat a cloaked Dorakian woman. She sat and talked to a human man in hushed whispers.

"We need those Scrolls Winamir, and this will be our only chance to retrieve them before the foolish boy gets them back to Low Island."

"My guys are on it, the young punk can't be that hard to persuade my lady."

The woman laughed "You shouldn't underestimate anyone you meet in this dimension Winamir, because that will be your greatest down fall."

Winamir got up from the table and found one of his comrades "I'm counting on you Phill, you see those two guys over there?" Winamir pointed towards Dorian and Blink.

"Yeah I see em."

"We just got hired to take those scrolls he's carrying. The easiest money we've ever made. You think you can handle the job?"

Phill looked at Winamir with arrogance, he sat his mug down and walked over to Dorian.

A big ugly Dorakian grabbed one of the scrolls strapped to Dorians back.
"You should listen to your little friend there's no one here to protect you.Who's going to stop me from taking this from you?" The man asked with a drunken grin.

"I would un ass that if I were you." Dorian told the man calmly

"Or what?"

Before the mans brain could register what was going on, he was laying on the floor of the tavern looking at his broken hand and fingers while Dorian drank his mug of Ale as if he had nothing to do with the broken man on the floor.