Chapter 9: Unknown battle

Unspecified location outside of Azur Lane
1500 hours.

USS Gravely was part of operation Final Fleet , although Gravely did not feel the same as Nimitz , the final message of Nimitz reached Gravely.

At this , Gravely took fast action , but while at it , USS Arleigh Burke was heavily damaged. Both survived and went back to their ports.

On another side...

-???: This is the USS Fort Worth! Were under fire currently we need backup!

One ship in particular , Fort Worth , was in serious trouble. The ship had sailed right in the middle of a storm while fighting the enemy.

Unfortunately , Fort Worth's call was never received again. As for other ships , Fort Worth was not found.

-R.crew 1: Where is the ship?? Its not here.

Then they all see it , floating debris of the ship , the only survivors are the pilots of the designated UH-60 that was forced to take off.

-???: This is the USS Fort Worth's pilots. The ship already sunk before you got here. We stayed here so it would be easier for you to track us.

Other countries weren't having it , the loss of 2 american ships was a heavy blow to naval power.

-???: First its Nimitz now its Fort Worth! How many more US ships are we gonna lose?!

-???2: I'm just not sure. We heard Nimitz call , but Fort Worth's was not.

-???: We can only hope for the best.