*ੈ✩‧₊˚ 𝑷𝒓𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆 💫

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.
‼️ TW ‼️
mild violence

̩̩̥͙ -•̩̩͙-ˏˋ⋆ keyword⋆ˊˎ-•̩̩͙- *̩̩̥͙

(F/N) : Friend's Name

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

‎ "Happy birthday, (Y/N)! Now you can't call me old anymore!" (F/N) giggled. You've been friends with them for as long as you can remember, it was only fair that they were invited to your birthday party.

They were a year older than you but your birthday was before theirs, making the both of you now the same age: 6 years old.
"Not for long" you replied with a smug grin.

"Happy birthday, sweetie" your mother said softly. There was something in her hands: a necklace. She kneeled down in front of you and placed the necklace around your neck.

"This is yours now" she smiled.
"Thank you, mom. It's so pretty!". There was a shiny gemstone hanging from the necklace; you looked down and grabbed it, amazed by its beauty.

"Listen to me, (Y/N)" your mother spoke again. You looked at her with a smile, but now she seemed serious.
"Take good care of this necklace, never give it to anyone. Only your future spouse and children will be allowed to touch it"

You nodded. You wondered why the necklace was so precious, perhaps because of the gem. It was really beautiful after all. You decided not to ask questions.

"Come on, (Y/N)! I want to eat the cake!" (F/N) shouted at you: you glanced at them and nodded, asking your parents if they could help you cutting your cake.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"For how long do we have to sit here again?" (F/N) sighed.
"Be patient! We've been waiting for only 10 minutes". Throughout the years, you've developed a strong interest for astronomy; might've been all those space related books you've read while hanging around in your parents' library.

It was your 10th birthday and you were lucky enough to celebrate it during a possible meteor shower. So you forced (F/N) to look at the sky with you, hunting for shooting stars. They would've rathered staying inside and eat cake, but they didn't want to upset you.

"Do you really believe that some falling stars can grant wishes?" (F/N) looked at you with a bored look.
"They aren't falling stars. They're meteors, or dust, that hit the Earth's atmosphere from space; they move so fast that they heat up and begin glowing as they move through the atmosphere"

The shooting stars were your eyes now: they looked like they were glowing from excitement. (F/N) carefully listened to you speaking, even though they didn't understand everything.

"Whatever they are, they're taking too long to fall".
"Just wait a little bit more! I'm sure we'll see some soon. Please?". You never saw a shooting star before, so you wanted to share this moment with your best, and only, friend.
"Fine, fine" (F/N) slightly smiled at you and looked back up at the sky.

The two of you kept waiting with no success. Until...
"Listen, (Y/N). Are you sure that the meteor shower was tonight? Because we-"
"(F/N)! Look over there!!". You cut off your friend and pointed up at the sky: there was a shooting star.