Not there

Cupid came bursting through the doors of North's private office. She jumped up and her wings filled with the cool air that filled the north pole.

"did you see that? Oh my dove! Is he still here?" she flew around more excited then a lovesick puppy in a heart candy factory.

"who, Cupid?" North asked.

"rancor"

-~-

"poor little Jack frost. All alone. No one cares. No one notices. And that leaves you...to HATE them." I whipped around at the sound to see rancor leaning in a tree watching me. His jacket blew in the wind and I could see all the rips and rugged ends. He jumped down and landed silently. He easily towered over my small frame and I felt a slight pang of intimidation as he smiled at me.

I glared and stuck my staff into the space between us. I was ready for a fight but Rancor laughed and pushed my staff away.

"Childs play? You think Childs play can defeat me? Do you know who I am?!" he almost shouted and I tried my best not to wince at the sound. His lips curl into a sick smile.

"I M hatred! Iam the feeling you have for me right this instant! I am what drives you, feeds you, propels you to attack. Without me you are nothing. The world is nothing. And it's filled with a delicious animosity"

I snarled. "Get away!" I could hear the threat in my voice and it scared me. Rancor smiled.

"your hate is stronger than you would like, isn't it?" he laughed. I shot an icy blast right at his head but he vanished before it hit him.

"your hate is strong. It's so delicious." the disembodied voice teased from all over. I was so furious the temperature dropped twenty degrees.

Finally I started shooting at where I thought he was and suddenly there was a scream.

My world froze in a matter of seconds.

My ice blast flew through the air following the path it was destined for. That's when it hit her. The scream was short and sharp yet it made my blood boil and my heart stop. There standing perfectly still, frozen in place, was Jamie and his girlfriend.

I heard the laughter before I felt the hand on my shoulder. Rancor stood behind Jamie and the girl and North had his hand protectively on my shoulder. I noticed all of this but I felt like i was watching a movie of it, like it wasn't really happening, I didn't freeze Jamie, no. Movie Jack froze Jamie. Not me Jack. Me Jack was just watching the havoc. No, I wasn't there.