The boy who believed

"leave the boy alone." North's Voice echoed through the street, bouncing off buildings and ringing in my ears like an overplayed Christmas carol. I stared ahead of me not see but observe thoughtlessly as the guardians took down Rancor.

No.

That's too easy.

Rancor laughed and fed off the guardians hate. Slowly the sky darkened and red bolts of energy swishes down from the sky and drove my friends into the ground. Rancor stood, dusted himself off, and vanished. Leaving the unconscious guardians and a gaping Jack Frost to clean up.

~

"Jack it's not your fault." Tooth pleaded for my smile but I shrugged her off and looked away. The yeti's were chipping away at the ice on Jamie and his girlfriend. It was a slow process but the only way ti get them out.

"yes it is. I froze them." I said coldly without looking her in the eyes. I knew tooth was disappointed in me and I didn't want to see it. I sighed and got up.

Walking in the north pole may be cold to most people. Unless you're a winter sprite and hate warm weather. Then it's perfect. But today it felt like Hawaii in the summer. Every elf, yeti, random guy, and reindeer gave me strange sideways glances that made me feel like I was walking on lava.

I kept my head down, hood up, and dragged my staff behind me. Honestly I felt terrible. I didn't want to look like this, feel like this, be this.

But no one ever said I would have to.

And no one ever said it was gonna be easy.

~

Jamie was lying asleep in his bed after we brought him home. I sat outside his window painting patterns with frost and making sure he was ok. I couldn't go inside, the heater was turned up so he wouldn't catch a cold, so I sat patiently and waited. I traced memories of how his room used to look into the frost and silently wished I could go back in time to visit him more. Maybe if I had he wouldn't have forgotten me.

Jamie sat up. So did I. I watched him rub his eyes and stand up. I smiled and stood myself. He was alright and it was time for me to go. I couldn't stay here with him, he didn't know who I was.

I waved my last goodbye to the boy who believed and flew off into the night.