𝟚𝟠

I get out of my seat when suddenly I hear sharp knocking

Knock knock

"Come in?"

The door opens while i'm staring down at my drawer looking for something.

I feel them gently pull my shoulder so I look up at them, it was Rhys?

"What are you doing here, need something?"

"We need to talk."

"About what?" I asked confused

"Rashta being in the basement."

I stare in silence, acting confused to his assumption.
I

can't trust anyone who works for the hoe sovieshu.
He stares right back, quiet and patiently waiting for excuses.
"I have no clue what you're talking about," I scoffed.

"You locked her in there to die, didn't you."

"I would never do such a thing, are you belittling me!" I raise a brow, eyeing him up and down. How dare he assume I'd leave someone who's rank practically below a rat to rot away and die. He must thing I'm a kill joy of a sort. I mean who wouldn't love to just torture them first.

"Ofcourse I'm not, just-"

"You despise the thing, don't you?" I notice the emotions in his expression, frustration for someone to understand, not finding the right words, doubt, and maybe guilt.

He stutters back an incoherent blabber, now questioning if I truly loathed the rat as some assume.
Maybe he if he told and I didn't hate her as well, I'd sentence him to death for first degree murder.
He silences himself processing my words. "Thing?" He realizes, thoughts running.

"Yes, thing. She has a brain as big as an object and hair like a mop. Now I can keep going, but we both don't have the time for that. So what is it you want."

"Just answers?" He asks.
"To what question? You said I locked her in the basement. It's more of an accusation than a question, hm?"

"Right, what is your plan."

"Now that... it's far too long to tell. But if you wish for answers the short bit of it is her and my dear dear brothers deaths." I smile innocently. "And maybe fix this broken down fallen kingdom he calls his own."

His face says it's expected but he fists his hands, stiffening. "If you kill your brother, what if they make Grand duke rylan the next emperor."

"He wouldn't want the position," I shrug, "He'd clearly give the position to his son and use his son to follow his orders. But then again his son isn't next in line, therefore I could easily take that spot. Especially if I make sure they're gone for the while and take the king out of the picture. And oops, someone needs to lead and quick but the next male in line is gone and it'll take far too long to return. But hey, I'm here right."

He stands there, mouth agape. "You've thought this whole thing through?"

"What kind of empress would I be if I can't even be a good strategist." I roll my eyes and continue working while we chat.
"But now, are you going to be good and not tell anyone? Or do I have to do more work." I question, taking out the syringe in my drawer I'd been looking for. He must think it's for him as he sweats, standing, and staring.

"I would never! I just have a request."

"Do ask, and quickly."