𝟛𝟝

-None of the art is drawn by me
-This is my first time writing romance (or writing anything)
-possibly slightly ooc
-rushed but long

✰°࿐
.
.
.
.
Navier has come to visit several times, our kingdoms have formed an alliance and built trade routes.
As I sit and stare at my stacks of finished papers and books. I turn to my new assistant, telling him to go fetch some empty scrolls from the library.
Marquis Karl had quit his position soon after the execution so I had to go through the troubles of looking for a new one.

He nods his head before leaving the room for the library. I didn't exactly need the scrolls it was simply a distraction while I do some planning.
I open my drawer and pull out devices of my creation. A simple thin jem disc seeming to disguise as a pocket mirror.
I focus little to no energy on my fingertips and swipe up on air above the disc.
A hologram of all the kingdoms I've visited.
I swipe around focusing on my empire, I had planned to expand the kingdom.
I could have used a normal map but I'd need five of those to completely figure this out easily.

As footsteps draw louder outside I swipe down on the hologram, making it disappear. I quickly flip the half open and tap around on my face and hair.

I blankly stare at my face in the mirror of my creation.
The doors creaks open and my assistant walks in holding scrolls in every size.
"Right, thank you." I take them and place them on the empty ground beside me.

...It turns late out and I dismiss my assistant needing no further assistance. As I blankly stare outside the glass door of my office balcony
I hear a soft knock on the door before it creaks open.
I turn away from the door to see who was to be so bold as to walk into my office without permission. Of course, It was kosair.
he softly smiled while waving at me,
"Did you need something? it's late," I narrowed my eyes towards him.
As I looked him up and down while he walked towards me, I notice his steps slightly wobbling. Now face to face I ask again "Did you need something? Are you alright, should I call the physician?"

He shook his head, no. "What, am I not allowed to miss my...childhood bestfriend." He muttered, slurring his last words.

"Childhood bestfriend?!" I mumbled,
his form sloped over my shoulder like a wilted flower, he licked his lips, glossed with the light glow of what could possibly be beers. "Are you drunk?"
"Mm," he shrugged, I could smell the alcohol in his light, steady breaths.
I heavily sighed, just slightly dragging his limp figure to the closest empty guest room.

...I carefully place him on the bed, pulling over the covers. As I'm about to leave the room to fetch him a glass of water he tugs at my wrists "Wait," he quietly mumbled. "If it's a glass of water you want I'll be back with it?" Assuming it was that, that he was suggesting. Seconds of silence pass and I repeat the question "What do you want?" I slightly tilt my head. "You," he says.
His coy words were something I'd grown used to. "You're just drunk," I chuckle,
"I'm serious, y/n. If I were as drunk as you so eloquently state I wouldn't be so bold-" he cuts himself off, letting go of my wrist.

"I want to kiss you, if you will allow me?" He looks down, preparing for the harsh disgusted response.

"If I say no?" I mumble, looking away. My heart was pounding in my chest harder than ever in this life. I clenched my fists and hoped he wouldn't notice.
"Then I will leave, and pretend this never happened. If that is what you wish."
"But...if I say yes." I smile, though barely noticeable. He was hanging his head low on the edge of the bed. I crouch down to his level and gently grab his chin to face me.
"I want you to kiss me, kosair."
He reddens even more, though this time not from the alcohol. He beams before practically lunging forward like a starving man.
He pulls away from a short kiss, staring into my eyes, before he slowly drew his face closer to mine. I felt his warm breath fan against me the nearer he got. His hand shoots out to my nape and mine to his cheek, and before he could pull me close I leaned forward closing the space.
My eyelids flutter shut at the feeling and I let kosair's overwhelming scents engulf my entire being. The smell of soap and some things fresh flooded my senses, and I felt myself becoming intoxicated by it. One of his hands move around my neck rubbing his thumb up and down, as he tilts his head to deepen the kiss. He gently bites my lower lip before his tongue goes in, prodding against lips. His other hand drops to my waist, pulling me closer, not wanting any space between us. I quickly adjust, getting on the bed beside him- straddling him. I could feel how eager he was as he kissed me with more desperation and fervour. But we could only go for so long before I needed to catch my breath. When I pull away, he whines at the loss of contact, and I watch his with amusement as his lips unconsciously seek out mine. A second passes as we stare at eachother, processing what just happened.
"I think that sobered me up quite a bit." He laughed, "you still need to drink some water." I told, getting off my knee.