Chapter 2: Secrets of the Spell Book

"MASTER WU!!"

All six ninjas simultaneously shouted as they bursted through the doors of his meditation room.

Startled, the old master sprung up to his feet, nearly knocking over the incense vase in front of him. All in one motion, he swiftly used his foot to flip his staff up into his hands and assumed a fighting stance.

Only then did he notice all of the ninjas huddled right there in front of him. His pale blue eyes widened.

"We need to speak with you immediately!" Zane blurted out.

"Yeah it's an emergency!" Jay exclaimed.

"We just got attacked by some strange mysterious dark cloaked figures with magical powers!" Kai frantically explained.

"And they stole some book from Ronin's old shop in the city!" Nya inputted immediately after her brother.

"Do you have any idea who they could be?" Lloyd anxiously questioned.

"Or what they want?" Cole asked.

"Or what that book is?" Jay added.

All six ninjas just kept talking over each other, repeatedly asking anxious questions or stating a few theories. It was nearly impossible to decipher anything that they were saying or who was saying what. They just kept on shouting over each other.

Wu frantically glanced from ninja to ninja, their voices and shouts overwhelming him. He had no clue what was happening or what had happened or what was even going on.

It was way too early in the morning for this. He couldn't take it anymore.

Furiously, he slammed his staff on the ground.

"SILENCE!"

His voice boomed throughout the room.

Instantly, all the ninjas froze. They became absolutely silent, their wide eyes staring at their master.

Just then, Pixal skidded into the room, her glowing neon green eyes filled with concern.

"What is going on?" she worriedly asked, her gaze drifting to each of the ninjas and Wu.

"Yes, what is going on?" Wu repeated her question while pinching the bridge of his nose in frustration.

All the ninjas opened their mouths, about to speak all at once.

"And one at a time, please," Wu interjected before his students started their chaotic shouting again.

Anxiously, the ninjas all exchanged glances, silently trying to decide who would explain. They all had so much to say.

"Tell them Lloyd." Jay nudged him, then glanced over at Kai and Cole.

"Ok," the green ninja breathed.

He took a deep breath, then began to explain everything that had happened.

"So, we were on our nightly patrol of the city when Cole spotted some suspicious figures entering Ronin's old shop," Lloyd started.

"We went to check it out and that's when we saw that one of the figures had purple glowing eyes," he continued.

"And they were rampaging Ronin's shop, apparently looking for some book," Kai added in.

"And when they found it, the purple eyed figure's hands started glowing with purple flames!" Cole exclaimed.

"We tried to stop them from escaping and ended up in a fight where we discovered all three of the figures have some sort of powers," Lloyd explained.