Chapter 8: Let the Training Begin

"Ry?" Nya softly knocked on Ry's new bedroom door.

No answer.

"Ry, are you awake?" she called out again.

Still no answer.

With that, Nya very quietly slid open the door, just enough to peek inside and make sure Ry was ok.

When she did, Nya saw Ry snuggled up under her plain white sheets, fast asleep. She smiled contently before closing the door back, not wanting to wake her.

"Is she awake yet?"

Startled, Nya turned towards the voice. That's when she saw Lloyd approaching her from the end of the hall.

"Not yet," Nya told him.

"Oh," Lloyd breathed, almost as if he was relieved.

"I'm so excited! We're finally going to have another girl ninja!" Nya whisper exclaimed while bouncing excitedly on her feet.

"Yeah," Lloyd paused for a second to glance at the door, "but, I kinda feel like we put Ry in more danger than she would've been if she stayed with her family," he admitted.

"What do you mean?" Nya raised an eyebrow at him.

"Well first of all, we don't even know if this new threat is after our elemental powers and even if they are, they probably don't know about Ry being an elemental master," he explained.

"Maybe, but if they did...," Nya trailed off, not wanting to finish that thought.

"And besides, we know that whoever these magical figures are, they want revenge for their family and in the First Spinjitzu Master's book, he wrote that a sorcerer from another realm tried to steal the original elemental masters powers," she continued.

"Maybe this sorcerer is the family they were talking about, so they're trying to get revenge by finishing what he started," she suggested with a shrug.

"Maybe," Lloyd mumbled.

Slowly he glanced at Ry's bedroom door again, then looked back at Nya.

That's when she noticed the uncertainty and fear in Lloyd's green eyes. He may be trying to hide it from all of them, but Nya could tell just as easily as her brother could.

"But that's not the only reason you don't think she should be here... Is it?" Nya asked him, her tone full of concern.

"W-What?! N-No I just I umm..."

"Hey," she put a hand on his shoulder, "I know what Morro did to you was well... traumatizing, but we're not gonna let anything happen to you. I promise," she tried to reassure him.

"I know," Lloyd sighed. "I-It's just-"

"Hey! Is it time for Ry's training yet?" a new voice exclaimed from down the hall.

Nya and Lloyd turned to see Jay stumbling out of his room. He was still trying to tie his dark blue belt around his waist as he rushed up to them.

"She's not awake yet," Nya told him.

"Oh ok," Jay replied.

"What's the rush for Jay?" Lloyd wondered, raising an eyebrow at him.

"Well, I feel like me and Ry got off on the wrong foot yesterday, so today I'm gonna make things right cause the last thing I want is for the niece of Morro to hate me," he explained all in one breath, proudly putting his hands on his hips at the end.

"Oh, well good luck with that," Lloyd muttered.

"She probably hates all of us," he remarked before walking off down the hall.