Chapter 8

Alayna's pov:

I awoke from my slumber only for the pain to hit me like a train.

I yelped.
The pain, the excruciating pain was too much.

Her body dropped back onto the floor. She allowed her eyes to skin the room.

It was awful, it almost managed to represent me and my brokenness. Almost.

The only difference between this room and myself is that everything that is destroyed can be either fixed or replaced, that can't happen with me. The only option left for me was to.....die.

Yes. That's what I'll do. I'll kill myself. I'll make sure that I can't suffer anymore.

I lifted my body up from the body, ignoring the pain and dragged myself over tot eh bug shard of glass glistening in the sun.

It reflected my smile.
"Ya Allah, I hope you can forgive me! I...I j.........just want to be with my mum!" She wailed like a child who had been robbed of their lolly. Only she had been robbed of everything, her mother's love, her father's protection and her right to a pious husband and his care.

She stabbed it into her throat without caring for the consequences.

She just wanted it to end. She wanted it to be with her mother, the only that loved her.

Yet Alayna forgot there is Someone who loves her more than 70 mothers. She would take His name in prayer yet she would forget this simple fact.

He has promised "Remember me; I will remember you" [Quran 2:152]. She forgot such a simple promise from her Lord.

Before her body dropped to the floor yet again but in hopes for the last time, Alayna heard the heavy steps of the person who ruined her life.

They stopped, assuming he had seen her now and in no time he was beside her. "You dumb bitch" he seethed "watch, I'll teach you a lesson you'll never forget."

And she gave way to the darkness to overcome her.

She wanted it to be her last, yet little did she know it was only one small segment of her nightmare.

A nightmare that seemed like it would last an eternity.

Only it might.

-
Her eyes pried themselves open, despite her lack of willingness.

She wanted her eyes to be bolted shut.

Forever.

Unfortunately, Fate had other plans, she opened her eyes and stared up at the white ceiling, listening to the hustle and bustle of the streets and the strange beeping noise that seemed to be very close to her. And, not before long, her eyes began to droop once again.

-
Her eyes opened once again but this time she felt something on her arm.

She turned to look and there sat a massive rat on top of her hand. She screamed and flung it off her hand whilst trying to run to the furthest corner away from it. Only to be stopped by the chain.

The impact of her running had resulted the chain in pulling her back with the exact amount of force. She hit the floor harshly.

And a scream left her lips.

She could hear the scrambling behind the brown, wooden door.

She laid still, she could feel something warm, under her arm, she lifted it so a little light could be shone on it. It was blood. Hers.

Her eyes began to lose their focus and yet again her body drooped to the floor, but not before hearing the delightful words of her dear husband: "The dumb bitch has done it again, hasn't she?"

I just want to sleep, what's the problem with that?

Why do I always get hurt?

Maybe it was  always written in both her and her mother's naseeb to live a life of hurt, pain and grief. That their moments of happiness are always short lived and the good memories would always turned bitter.

Her world turned dark again.

Only this time she knew not to have any hopes of dying.

For He would keep alive until desired and clearly her death wasn't written for her anytime soon.

Zunair's pov:

SMASH!

I smashed my fist into the wall yet again.

The dumb bitch wasn't awake. I was coming home for another conference, when I going all the guards in a frenzy.

I instantly knew what this meant and sprinted down the stairs to room I had locked her in.

She was laying there.

In a pool of her own blood.

What have I done? I questioned myself.

I approached her body slowly, like a coward. A coward is what I am, however my father was the real life definition of cowardice.

I was afraid, yet again.

The memories of my 10 year old self resurfaced and they weren't going to disappear any time soon this time.

Her body, lying lifeless in a river of blood. The entire room was covered with it, the substance that was meant to be kept within her body she had used to decorate the whole room with it.

They picked Alayna up.

She smiled at me, and said something that hurt my soul, until this very day, "Don't follow your Father's footsteps. He ruined my life and yours. Make sure he suffers."

Her eyes closed and her body went limp.

That was the day Zunair was made motherless but he himself had proclaimed himself an orphan.

And now he's standing in the mess, he's created. Slowly realising that this wasn't the revenge that his mother wanted him to get got her.

But you can't turn back the clocks, what's happened has happened.

The only way now left is forward.

And he wanted to progress further with Alayna by his side.

He decided, to end the hatred for her.

He had taken enough revenge on Ismail. And now he looked more into the story he realised it wasn't necessarily the same as his mother had claimed it to be.

There was a completely different story and he could only find if he finds the person who was the root cause of all this, his father.

Armaan Malik.

Zunair has had a change a heart but would this change of heart last long when he finds out the truth?

The truth that binds all these families together.

******

How was this?

Are you guys waiting for the entrance of dear Armaan Malik?

Do you think Zunair will actually go through a character development?

Just know there are going to be a lot of plot twists! 😉