Chapter 24

Don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts! 🤍🤍

"Ma'am?"

She turned to look at one of Aleksei's men.

"Sir is calling you indoors."

She nodded and followed his lead.

Her feet dragged as she watched his back, trying to remember each turn they took.

After a right turn they both took, they found Mikhail stood straight as if he was waiting for them.

They strode past and he joined promptly, keeping a reasonable distance behind her.

She could feel his gaze on her as usual. It felt familiar, that blazing glare, and though she didn't want to agree with her heart, she was comfortable with this man more than she would like to admit.

A comfort that she had never felt before.

Yet that feeling felt so soothing as if her gut knew it was something she needed to feel.

They reached a door, the man flung it open and walked in, not even looking back.

Just as she held out her palm to avoid the door hitting her, an arm shot past her and kept the door open to her.

She looked back and locked gaze with those fluorescent blue eyes she knew so well.

He smiled softly whilst lightly indicating with his head for her to carry on moving.

He would do whatever it takes to ensure that she was able to carry on walking to her chosen destination.

He would move, destroy or tarnish every obstruction preventing her from goal, even if that meant himself.

He knew he couldn't stop until he saw her happy and content.

He knew that she was the answer to all his prayers, to his pleas that he threw to the wind never truly believing that there was a higher power.

He knew she was sent to him and him only.

She turned her head slowly with the reassurance that he was there.

She took a step forward with a fear that they had been caught and their truth would be uncovered.

She took another step forward knowing he was right behind her and whatever was to come they would face it together.

And another with carelessness because even if what she feared was about to happen, everything was in place, she would be avenged along with her mother.

Another with courage, she won't go down without a fight.

And a final one with a promise that she had to keep Mikhail safe so he could live his life.

They were both stood in front of Aleksei, both with strong, straight postures, both with stoic faces, not knowing what the next minute was capable of bringing upon them was terrifying. But isn't that how life works?

Alayna scanned the room, it was full of Aelksei's higher ranked men, she slowly dragged her eyes over them trying to remember a distinctive feature from each of their faces.

They looked like the type that you could pass by on the streets and not notice anything strange about them. 

Not notice that they were vile creatures, able to feast on your raw skin.

It worried her.

But she buried that worry deep down and narrowed her eyes towards Aleksei.

"What's happening here?" She asked the bulky man at the head of the table, who hadn't noticed her presence in the room.