Chapter 46

QUESTION I NEED TO ASK:

Recently I came across a post that said: I hate when authors create a strong female character only for them to submit, get married, have kids and all her personality is gone. (It was something along those lines.)

Have I done that to Alayna?

Have I ruined Alayna's character?

Don't be afraid, say what you guys really think.

******

Alayna sat across from her mother; this was the woman who had given birth to her.

The woman who had tried to kill her.

Her mind wondered back to the letter she had opened, which felt like decades ago.

When you find out the truth I hide, it's going to make you hate me.

How could she hate her?

Her mother.

But a woman she barely knew.

Yet she understood.

She had understood during this whole debacle.

She would have killed her child that she bore with Zunair's DNA.

She would have done it with no regret.

Truly, she had only experienced a small portion of what her mother had been through.

Allah knew that she would have taken all her mother's pain and let her mother live her life. A less painful one. One where there was some happiness. One where she could have prospered.

Allah knew.

However, if Alayna hadn't been born as her daughter, then who would have avenged Ayla?

Alayna tugged at her sleeves as she tried to start a conversation.

They had progressed, and Ayla didn't get mad anymore. Her heart had softened towards her daughter.

Just as she was about to speak, a raspy voice spoke.

"How many months?" She pointed at Alayna's swollen belly, which was carrying her grandchild.

"6 months." She stated.

It had been 4 months since she left her husband in Russia and returned home. 4 months since she had been trying to track down her son.

Everything had fallen apart.

It had all crumbled before her eyes.

She knew this was to come, yet she still felt devastated.

She had tried.

She truly had tried.

She had tried and willed for a long time.

But as the months moved along, she couldn't help but lose hope.

Every conversation with the doctor treating Mikhail gave her no hope.

Every attempt to try and track down her son always returned negative.

Hope was slipping through her fingers.

These months have been so lonely.

She felt lonely, yet she was surrounded by lots of people.

Her cousin, Salman, her phupo, Mahnoor and Faiza, everyone she had known in Pakistan.

She kept her days packed, in between re-establishing her clothing brand, re-building her house, and reconnecting with her loved ones.