Chapter 29

You know what guys?

I'm going to stop shitting on my work and making myself feel worthless. I'm going to stop caring about followers, reads and votes, I'm just going to write, it makes me feel so much better. My work is developing, I have so many people complementing my work, I gave consistent MULTIPLE votes (not just one like when I started out) and what's the point about constantly resenting someone cause they have more followers, votes or like praise all this won't matter to me in 5 years.

So with my new attitude, I'd like to inform you that I've had a rough week and if that has reflected in my writing I do sincerely apologise.

Love you guys and enjoy the chapter x

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She rode the train to her destination.

She couldn't ignore the lustrous gazes from the men around her as she sat alone, knowing she could be a victim of whatever they had planned.

She had the gun practically glued to her hand, but out of sight.

She didn't bother to pretend that she didn't know that they were looking at her.

She looked them straight into their eyes, a challenge to her, a scar on their ego for them.

They believed a woman should bow down to them, to quiver and tremble before them.

She gave up, you can't teach an old dog new tricks,  her stop was coming soon.

She looked straight ahead listening to the  announcement, the flat was a 10 minute walk from the station and the sun had already risen, she couldn't go to sleep, she needed to scan through the apartment to make sure there was everything she needed and if she slept she knew that there would be no way that she would be able to wake up before the local markets closed.

She could hear the doors opening, eyes were on her, they knew that there was no way that she would get off at the next stop, it would lead her to one of the worst neighbourhoods in Pakistan.

She sat still, making it seem like she had no intention to get off, they moved their eyes, astound yet threatened by her bravery.

They knew she would be inviting her death and they would happily sit back and watch the show happily.

A woman's downfall is always enjoyed by men.

She began counting down.

5,4,3.

She jumped up from her seat and leaped through the closing doors.

The men that were previously staring her down were either sat in the train gawking at her or were already heading to the exit of the station.

She followed pursuit swiftly.

Her feet dragged her tired body forward.

Her destination felt like it would take a century to reach.

Her eyes just wanted to droop shut, her body wanted to shut down and rest properly for once without having to be on edge every single moment of the day.

She heard a skidding noise of presumably of a bike of some sort.

She simply ignored it and carried on, she would soon be covered by the warmth of a thick duvet and laying on a mattress that wasn't 2mm thick.

She could hear footsteps.

What was she going to do after a good nights sleep...food! She needed a good fulfilling meal, clothes needed to be bought as well as furniture and the business had to be dealt with. She would also have to check on the orphanages and mosques. She needed to ensure that everything was in a somewhat orderly fashion so she could forgive herself for going MIA and before she was going to do it again.