Chapter 49

-1 month later-

She sat reading through the documents her lawyer had provided her.

"Are you sure about this?"

She nodded, pulling her shawl tighter over her shoulders.

She signed at the bottom.

"Right. I'll send these over and hopefully you should hear from them soon. I would suggest staying in the country. It takes a year to obtain residency, but considering your wealth and my reputation, I think we could hear back within 2 months."

She nodded.

"I'm thinking of expanding one of my businesses here. Can I lease a building in the meantime?"

"No, be weary. Keep those plans on hold until you get your residency, you and your husband need to pass both nationality tests."

"Ok, thanks for your help."

"It was a pleasure doing business with you." He nodded his head, leading her out of his office.

She stepped out of the tall building, her feet could feel the cobblestones through her flats.

She began to walk to their new home.

Untainted.

Filled with happiness.

They were building up their lives again.

Mikhail had requested to move to Spain.

Alayna wanted to go to the Netherlands.

So they decided to go to each country and visit it.

And when they landed in Malaga, she fell in love.

This was where she definitely wanted to raise her children.

Mikhail smiled at her as she  stepped through the door.

"Salaam." She greeted.

"Wa alaikum salaam." He stood with the support of his crutch.

She walked over onto his awaiting arms, holding him as close as possible.

She was tired.

She pulled her shawl off her shoulders.

And sat on the rocking chair, it had become tradition for Alayna to sit on the rocking chair, waiting for her son to return from school.

He would come and run to her giving her a kiss and hug and then he went to his father to show the same level of affection.

He would come back to Alayna and sit on her lap, the chair slowly rocking them back and forth as he told her about his day. She gave responses to everything little thing, she was trying to make up for lost time and to make sure he felt seen by her.

Mikhail could see it.

It was the reason she would always keep her son as close as possible.

But Mikhail couldn't really do anything, there was nothing he could say or do to reassure her.

Alayna's mind drifted back to when they'd recently moved to Spain.

The fridge was empty as they were eating out a lot as they found their feet in a new country.

They would notice Cihan go into the kitchen and look through the cupboards and fridge multiple times a day.

Having enough Alayna went out and bought food filling ever crevice of the cupboards and every shelf of the fridge. She thought it would bring him a piece of mind.