Prologue

A/N: This is a girl x girl fanfic! If you don't like that, I suggest you go somewhere else! Also, this story takes place right after Kung Fu Panda 3!

"Over here, Ti!" The young wolf yelled.

"I'm going to get you!" The little tigress replied, running full speed towards her friend in a spacious palace.

A stern, elderly red panda had taken the two in the legendary Jade Palace as trainees months after his first arrival, which made a positive effect on Tigress. Tigress was adopted from the Bao Gu Orphanage while Xing snuck off from her home in who-knows-where.

The two always played together as the biggest and only carnivores in the orphanage; most of which were geese, rabbits, and the sort.

Xing always snuck in to play with her feline friend despite all the anger issues. The wolf came in so often and without parents that it seemed she was an adoptable orphan herself.

The two were so close and inseparable that Xing permanently dyed her fur from her back to her tail to imitate Tigress' stripes.

However Xing always said that she lived with her old deer nana off in the mountains. She never was to stay out past sunset.

Anyway, the two were playing around the palace, and Xing accidentally knocked down an ancient vase. As Master Shifu approached the scene and the shattered remains, he gave a distant, disapproving look at Xing and shook his head.

The young pup lowered her head and flattened her ears in shame. The red panda took Tigress over to a corner and began to teach the feline how to fight.

Xing tried but failed horribly as Shifu kept his focus only on Tigress, who tried desperately to gain his approval despite her inquisitive and curious behavior. Xing however, was mainly ignored in the process and cast aside, mostly practicing the moves on her own by observing Tigress' mistakes.

Once her trainings were over, young Tigress and Xing climbed the roof to gaze at the deep purple sunset. They did this every time after training began a while ago.

"Master Shifu says that we have a lot of work to make on my progress, but I know that if I meet his standards, I would bring him pride! He seems pretty uptight right now, but surely, he will warm up to me," Tigress exclaimed, full of determination.

"Well, at least you could say that he's warming up to us," the pup sighed, mumbling.

"Aww, don't be sad, Xing! Here, have this!" The tiger gave a chipped green tooth necklace to the young wolf.

"A small token of appreciation to celebrate our best-friendship! No matter how far apart we are!" Tigress chimed.

"Wow! Thanks Ti!" Xing said, placing the necklace around her. They leaned in for a warm hug, each deeply enjoying the other's company and their familiar scents

Glancing past the sunset, Xing acknowledged the sun almost completely gone beyond the horizon.

"Oh no! I have to go now! I really shouldn't have been staying late! See you tomorrow, Ti!" The wolf quickly leapt off and ran away.

Tigress was about to follow her, but she saw Master Shifu outside waiting for her to get down at the other side of the palace. She inwardly groaned and leapt off the roof to join her new master.

Little did she know that she wouldn't see her best friend for a long time...