Six

It was just the crack of dawn, and Xing snoozed in her bed with a small string of saliva running down the side of her muzzle. As Tigress rocked the wolf awake, the smaller female groaned, wiping her snout on her arm in the sleeping position she was in.

"Okay, okay, I'm up," Xing finally mumbled aloud and clambered out of bed. She and Tigress packed up their essentials and ran out to meet Hu and Tigress's parents.

"Good morning, Hu. And good morning to you too, Tigress' parents," the wolf politely bowed to the older felines.

"Oh do not worry, my dear. You can call me Mei," Tigress' mother chuckled.

"And you can call me Tao," the masculine feline announced.

Xing nodded, acknowledging the names of her friend's parents. "Well, onward with the journey, then!" Hu exclaimed, turning around and slinging a bag over his strong shoulders.

The rest of them followed and walked out of the valley and into the great southwestern Chinese lands.

The four carnivores hiked across mountains, valleys, and other small villages. When they crossed rivers, Xing had some trouble given not only her injured condition, but she didn't know how to swim, and often required Tigress or Hu to keep the wolf from being swept away by the current.

They moved from rivers to lakes, ponds, and bamboo forests where Tigress, Xing and Hu practiced staff fighting with the bamboo stalks.

The carnivores crossed great, ethereal fields of cherry blossoms that once were planted by farmers but grew over much of the land. As they walked through the beautiful fields, Xing smirked behind Tigress' back as the feline walked ahead.

The wolf got down carefully on her haunches as quietly as possible, following Tigress on all fours. However the young master sensed something stirring behind her, and right as she started to turn around, Xing pounced on Tigress.

The two rolled in the pastel grass with loud giggling especially coming from Xing, but once they had stopped rolling and Tigress had Xing pinned on the ground with a smile on her face - a genuine smile that was rare on Tigress.

Xing pulled Tigress' head closer to hers and gave the tiger a kiss on the forehead. Tigress quickly looked up from her angle on top of Xing and nuzzled the fur on the wolf's neck, all the while tickling Xing.

The canine let out a loud giggle that attracted the attention of the older tiger pair. Mei and Tao shared a knowing smirk to the other. The white tiger also caught onto the atmosphere and smirked as well, glancing at the two young females over his broad shoulders.

"I'm sure you two wouldn't mind us leaving you behind!" Hu called out. "Tigress should know the way to our little tiger sanctuary!"

The two females exchanged glances and both gave a light chuckle as Tigress stood up from Xing and held her paw out. The wolf accepted it and with that, Tigress pulled the canine up from the peach-colored grass.

Tigress and Xing caught up with the others and resumed their journey. Finally, they came to a mountainous region once more. But this one had more of the nice green foliage and less snow than the other mountains.

Tigress' parents turned through different pathways, finally leading the group to a dead end covered with vines and foliage completely surrounded by mountain rock. Suddenly, the older tigers and Hu silenced themselves and angled their ears to sense if any danger was nearby.

Once the coast was verified clear, Mei shifted the vines to the side, allowing everyone to pass inside, and following them into a cave overrun with more green vines and foliage.

The cave then opened into a huge, vast mountainous clearing, inhabited by a village of tigers. Xing looked at Tigress' face, who's eyes were wide as saucers at the sight. She was finally with her own pack, and Xing smiled to herself at the thought.

"Everyone! My daughter Tigress has returned!" Tao announced proudly, catching the attention of the other felines.

Tigers of all sorts rushed to crowd in on Tao's newest arrival; big, small, chubby, skinny, golden tabby, black, blue, and stripeless white tigers filled in to meet Xing, but especially Tigress. The felines groomed and pulled at the young master's cheeks and fur.

It turned out Tao was the one who lead them all to find sanctuary far away from their ursine oppressors. They had to be extra cautious, and being stubborn and quite prideful, they didn't want to endanger themselves searching for help and figured it was best to stay together.

Suddenly, a huge golden tabby tiger with handsome features and an incredibly built structure wiggled his eyebrows at Tigress, taking all her luggage and resting them on her broad shoulders.

"I am Bohai, pleased to meet your acquaintance," the tiger bowed towards Tigress, with his long tail lashing out at Xing on the side. The wolf cleared her throat at his actions and spat his tail out of her mouth, as well as any fur that got stuck on her tongue.

Bohai acted as though he did not see the canine and instead winked at Tigress, turning around with her stuff on his shoulders and his tail cuffed Xing in the head. The wolf glared daggers at him, a low growl erupting from her throat, when Tigress let out an airy chuckle, shaking her head and placing a paw on Xing's shoulder. "Don't worry, he's only five times bigger than you," Tigress teased, smirking at the wolf and following her parents.

Xing blushed but shook her head. Something was telling her that that golden tabby was itching to fight against her. All she knew is that she'd be willing to fight for Tigress. Whatever trick Bohai would have up his sleeve.

"Bring it on, Bohai."