Seven

All the village tigers gathered at a center with a table filled with noodles, dim sum, rice balls, tofu, wontons and more. Then each tiger family would sit cross-legged on a cloth on the floor with their food in front of them.

Tao and Mei proudly sat next to Tigress on one side and Bohai was seated on the other side. Xing on the other hand, sat right in front of Bohai and Tigress. A deeply frustrated scowl was etched into her skull every time Bohai leaned over to say something and was quietly stabbing away at her plate with her chopsticks.

Fortunately, the young feline master showed a polite yet characteristically dull expression and was not swooned.
"Due to our resources and relationships with outside villages, we keep to a vegetarian diet but with some occasional dairy and egg products," Tao told Xing, who nodded as she placed some dumplings into her plate.

"You know, I eat four raw eggs every morning before my daily workout," Bohai boasted.

"And I save villages every morning without breakfast, but I mean, good for you," Tigress answered back, shrugging but not failing to notice Bohai's faltering expression.

Xing almost snorted into her soup dumplings, earning a humorous look from Tigress and an annoyed expression from Bohai.

"I'll be back later," Bohai said nonchalantly. The golden tabby grunted and got up from his seat at the family area and walked past a trio of other female tigers who swooned at the brush of his tail.

Xing rolled her eyes. "Show off," she muttered between bites. A few other grown tigers and cubs came over to greet Tigress and soon the early dinner was over. Mei told the two that there was a cabin for guests that they could use, so after telling others goodbye, Xing and Tigress walked up the mountainous stairs to their room. All the while Xing did not fail to express how annoyed she was with Bohai.

"Sounds like someone is jealous," Tigress lifted an eyebrow, teasing Xing with her sharp eyes.

"I'm not jealous. That himbo tiger just better watch himself and his stupid tail, too. He's treading further into dangerous territory the more he crosses me," Xing folded her arms as Tigress shook her head and opened the door to a little cabin built along the side of the mountain peak.

The two walked in to see a tiny compartment with a simple stove and a few pots, a small bathroom and a room with a mat and a mattress - it was all basically one medium sized room divided into three smaller sections.

"Well, this seems cozy," Xing said as she walked into the tiny kitchen. The wolf took out a teapot from the cabinet along with some herbs.

"Would you like green tea or oolong?" Xing asked Tigress as she fetched some water from a large bowl.

"I'll take green tea," the feline answered as she sat on the mat and watched Xing as she washed the leaves and put the tea on the small stove to boil.

"This place is amazing, isn't it?" Tigress spoke thoughtfully as Xing sat cross-legged in front of her. "Yes. For the most part," Xing smiled.

"I'd like to stay and help around here, but they'll need help fighting off those bears. It's only a matter of time before they find us," the feline shook her head.

Xing nodded. "It would be best to infiltrate their camp and then, if worse comes to worst, the tigers here will know how to defend themselves. Like what you did with Po and the whole Kai event with the pandas."

"Precisely," Tigress smiled at Xing. "But we must be weary with what weapons the bears have. Every time the villain gets stronger; be it a spiritual or wielding the power of an empire," Tigress frowned.

Xing looked down in thought, and her ears perked up hearing the whistle of the teapot. "I'll be right back," Xing rushed to the kitchen and turned off the stove, setting the teapot and cups on a bamboo tray and placed it in between her and Tigress as she sat down.

"It'll be best if we invade the bear camp, rather than waiting for them to find this little settlement, and then if the mission goes off, the tigers will be able to protect their home and families," Xing said.

"But now, if you don't mind, I'm feeling rather beat. I think I'll hit the hay..." Xing yawned as Tigress also stood up.

"Of course. We can talk more tomorrow," Tigress smiled at the wolf's exhausted face.

Looking at the small mattress on the floor and the mat below it, Xing suggested that she'd sleep on the floor, but Tigress didn't approve, so the wolf kept insisting.

"It's your home, Tigress. Enjoy it. Besides, I can manage sleeping on the floor," Xing yawned again as she circled around the mat and finally curled into a ball, not listening to anything Tigress had to say.

Out of the pocket of her pants, she pulled out the green tooth necklace Tigress gave her from their childhood. Taking a quiet sigh, she traced the lines with her claw, slowly drifting off to sleep.

The tiger shook her head and breathed a sigh, taking the small blanket on the mattress and laying it over the wolf, put on the fire at the fireplace, and lay on the mattress staring at the ceiling in thought.

This is her home; her people, and her childhood friend were all still alive and technically well and good. Her family is finally complete, and she would do whatever it takes to not lose them again.

Tigress turned to her side and looked at Xing's curled figure, illuminated by the warm glow of the fireplace, sleeping steadily as her furry body heaved up and down rhythmically.

Tigress smiled and looked up again.

No matter what it takes.

A/N: Hello readers! I'm back and you deserve a sincere apology from me from being gone so long! Life has been kicking me in the ass for the past year with two close cousins of mine passing away and personal relationship issues. I'll still try to update my unfinished books whenever I have the time! I hope you understand this and accept my apology in good health.