Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Chapter 6: The Journey From Platform Nine And Three-Quarters

Harry's last month at the Dursleys wasn't fun.

Many people looked at Harry in sympathy.

...

Harry kept to his room for the most part, with his owl for company. He had decided to call her Hedwig, a name he had found in A History of Magic. His school books were very interesting.

"So you've actually read your school books before you came to Hogwarts?" Snape commented with a raised eyebrow.

"Oh, piss off Snape." James said, annoyed and upset on Harry's behalf.

Snape sneered at James, while James just looked back completely unfazed. The students from three fourths of the school, looked at James in awe. He was now their hero.

He lay on his bed reading late into the night, Hedwig swooping in and out of the open window as she pleased. It was lucky that Aunt Petunia didn't come into vacuum anymore, because Hedwig kept bringing back dead mice.

There were a few scattered chuckles around the hall. Snape suppressed a smirk as he thought about her reaction if she came into Potter's bedroom and found a pile of mouse bones to greet her. The scream she would give.

Every night before he went to sleep, Harry ticked off another day on the piece of paper he had pinned to the wall, counting down to September the first.

"I did the same thing too." Hermione said smiling. Ron nodded his head in agreement.

Many people around the hall all said the same thing. All saying that they did it, because they were excited about going to Hogwarts.

Two weeks before Harry was scheduled to leave for Hogwarts, he left Privet drive in the morning. Walking down the road, and to the nearest bus stop, where Harry waited patiently for the next bus to arrive.

After a ten minute wait, and another 30 minute ride on the bus, Harry arrived at his destination. Looking up at the tall building, Harry read the sign which proclaimed to be, "Westfield London Mall".

Some of the muggle-born girls squealed, "I love that mall! We should go there when we get back." they said to their friends.

With his pockets heavy with the muggle money that the goblins had given him, he walked inside.

Stepping up to the map of the building, Harry quickly located the shops he wanted to go to. His first stop was to a variety of clothing stores. Taking a break after every two or three stores to go into the bathroom, and store away most of his bags inside of his new trunk. When he got his trunk, the proprietor of the shop told him about the many applications that could be applied to it. He decided to get one that had several enchantments on it. Such as, having a few different compartments, the inside being expandible, it can shrink and grow back to its actual size on command, and several other little surprises.

Toni pulled out her phone, only to remember what she was told, about magic and technology not working together very well. Instead, she grabbed a little notebook and pen that were left on the table by their hosts. And began to write down equations and theories at a rapid pace.

Once Harry was done shopping for a new wardrobe, he went looking for a different kind of shop. An electronics store. He wandered around, looking for the best one. Listening to the adults' questions, and the answers that were given. Each time he left disappointed, and without what he wanted. Until he saw it.