Chapter 18

Chapter 18

The soft pitter patter of Luna's shoed feet danced across the hall, as Luna seemed to float to the front of the teachers table.

"I believe that I promised you all an explanation." she spoke softly, but her voice was just as powerful as if she had shouted.

"Please leave your questions till the end of my story. Also, please remember that there may be questions that I can't answer."

Luna waited for everyone to settle down again, and give her their full attention.

"When I was a small child, I started to have visions of the future. At first, I would tell people about them, when I realized what these visions were, I tried to do something about them. I would tell the people that they were about, and what I had seen. However, almost every single time, people would get hurt or even killed. All because I was so desperate to help, and be understood.

"So I made a vow that I would never again tell anyone the entirety of my visions. I will give hints, clues, nudges. But never the whole thing. Never again.

"Then I met three others, who would go on and create Hogwarts with me, when we were small children. We were taught magic, and so much more, by Thor and Loki. When we started Hogwarts, they stayed and taught the children coming to Hogwarts with us. Years later, I had another vision. This one, about you, Harry." Luna said, looking at Harry. He was stunned at this.

"I saw what you were going to go through, and I told the others. Not the whole thing, but I did tell them a few things. Like the time period that you would be born in, Harry. I also told them a little bit of what you would go through. And we each were determined to help you."

Did Harry think that he was stunned before? He was wrong, because now he is truly amazed that anyone would help a complete stranger, least of all, him.

"Each of us found different ways to get to this time period. I had used a ritual that would cause me to be reincarnated. This ritual would only have worked for myself, and not the others, for one simple fact. Thor."

Many looked at Luna, confused. Trying to figure out how Thor figured into all of this. Luna smiled serenely at Thor.

"I'm sure that all of you have heard or even read fictional books where soulmates were a part of the story."

Those like Lavender and Parati, all squealed at the prospect of them being real.

"While they are based on truth, soulmates are not real."

All those who had gotten excited became disappointed.

"No one is destined to be with any one person. Like I said, they are, however, based in truth. What they are really called, are 'Karmic-bonds'. They are not something that is there when you are born, they are not tangible.

"You know that feeling when you and another person spend so much time together, and you get along so well, that you just click?"

A few of the people around the hall nodded slowly.

"When this happens, your soul's form a bond with one another. And it doesn't have to be a romantic bond either. It could be a platonic bond.

"I had used the bond between me and Thor to bring myself to this time period. With Thor being Asgardain, I knew that he was going to live for a very long time. I knew that he was going to be around for all of this to happen, so I created a ritual, that upon my death, I would be reincarnated in the present.

"Any questions?" Luna asked.

Almost everyone raised their hands. Luna pointed to a second year Slytherin boy.