Chapter 10

Chapter 10

"Draco, please tell me you did NOT do that?" Snape asked, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Please tell me that you did NOT challenge Potter to a duel. Then not show up, even though Potter had at the specified time and place."

Malfoy didn't answer, his pale face had a light pink blush splashed onto his face.

"Draco, please tell me you know, that you know that you have done this. That since you had failed to show up, that you lose by default. That you know, that now house Malfoy, owes house Potter a debt."

Malfoy paled as he thought about it. "But, it was a ruse. I wasn't actually going to duel him!"

"Doesn't matter." Loki said seriously. "You had challenged him. Magic takes these things very seriously."

"And now, since both you and the boy Potter had failed to state what the winner would get, Harry can ask for anything, and you and your house would have no choice but to comply." Thor explained.

Bucky clenches his fist at the mention of 'comlyping'.

Malfoy paled even further, horror etched into every facet of his being.

"Well Harry?" Loki asked, "What would you ask from house Malfoy?"

Harry sat in contemplative thought for a minute. "This bears thought. I will think about it, and get back to you when I have decided."

"Very well." Thor said.

Chapter ten: Halloween

"I hate halloween." Harry said.

People looked at him, questioningly, but he just shook his head.

...

As the owls flooded into the Great Hall as usual, everyone's attention was caught at once by a long, thin package carried by six large screech owls. Harry was just as interested as everyone else to see what was in this large parcel, and was amazed when the owls soared down and dropped it right in front of him, knocking his bacon to the floor. They had hardly fluttered out of the way when another owl dropped a letter on top of the parcel.

Harry ripped open the letter first, which was lucky, because it said:

DO NOT OPEN THE PARCEL AT THE TABLE

It contains your new Nimbus Two Thousand, but I don't want everybody knowing you've got a broomstick or they'll all want one. Oliver Wood will meet you tonight on the Quidditch field at seven o'clock for your first training session.

Minerva McGonagall

James and Sirius both looked on in awe.

"Harry," Lily said.

"Yes?" Harry looked at his mom.

"You said thank you, right?" she asked.

"Yes he did." Ms McGonagall said, smiling at Harry.

...

"Not arguing, I hope, boys?" he squeaked.

"Potter's been sent a broomstick, Professor," said Malfoy quickly.

"Yes, yes, that's right," said Professor Flitwick, beaming at Harry. "Professor McGonagall told me all about the special circumstances, Potter. And what model is it?"

"A Nimbus Two Thousand, sir," said Harry, fighting not to laugh at the look of horror on Malfoy's face. "And it's really thanks to Malfoy here that I've got it," he added.