Book 2 Special Look

And now, a preview of chapter one

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jethro slipped silently down the hall, his senses on full alert. Somewhere in one of the rooms ahead of him, was his target. Behind him he could sense Blazer and Dom move into the hall, ready to spring into action at his command.

Despite their heavy armor, the clone commandos were able to move as stealthily as Mistral Assassins.

Jethro held up his hand to sign for the stop of the party's progress. He could sense the target ahead. It was nervous, that much was clear, but other than that he couldn't seem to get much more of a reading on its state.

He risked the sound of his own voice.

"He's just ahead, and he's on edge, so be prepared for anything."

Blazer and Dom nodded in silent acknowledgement before continuing to follow him down the hall.

Jethro paused at a door and reached out. The target's nervousness was like a beacon, screaming out at him.

He nodded at the door, and the two commandos took up position to either side.

Channeling the strength of the force, he threw the door from its frames and sent it flying into the room.

The occupants were caught off-guard by the sudden intrusion. It was all the time Jethro and his team needed.

Igniting his lightsaber and rushing into the room, Jethro capitalized on their momentary confusion and incapacitated the first two of the armed men.

A swift stroke of his saber sliced their weapons in half, and a force boosted fist to the jaw dropped the first. The second was dispatched by an elbow to the back of the neck before he could react.

The four other men in the room were quick to regroup and quickly had their blasters out and tracking him. They never got the chance to use them.

Blazer and Dom had breached the door and in two shots each, had the last of the armed resistance dead on the floor. All that was left was their target, cowering behind a reclining couch.

"Blazer, tell Leadfoot to be ready."

Blazer keyed up Leadfoot on his comm.

"Leadfoot, we have the doctor in custody. Be ready for extraction."

Dom planted a small charge on the floor to ceiling window that looked out over the Corvega skyline while Jethro put a pair of binders on the doctor and hauled him to his feet.

"Hey boss," Blazer spoke up, "I'm picking up several heat sigs moving up the stairwell."

"It's a good thing we aren't using the stairs then," Jethro smiled.

"Dom?"

Dom didn't say anything in reply. He just activated the charge, shattering the window and sending the broken shards of glass raining down on the street, over one-hundred stories below them.

Jethro guided the doctor to the hole where the window used to be, the terrified doctor struggling the whole way. Then he shoved him out, the doctor's terrified screams filling the night before stopping suddenly.

Leadfoot, behind the controls of a 'borrowed' airspeeder, rose into sight outside of the broken window. Behind him, the doctor lay in a trembling heap in the back seat.

"Heard you needed a lift."

To be continued in The Jethro Chronicles Book 2: Jedi Fugitive...