76 - Meeting

Ting Shuang stared at the messages on the screen for a long time, knowing that this time, he had already won, but he didn’t feel much happiness from it.

He touched the paper shredder. It was hot.

What Zhu Wenjia promised him, he hadn’t done; and what he’d promised Zhu Wenjia, he could no longer do.

“What are you thinking about.” When Bai Changyi came back, he realised that Ting Shuang’s face looked pale.

Ting Shuang did not tell Bai Changyi about how he’d asked Zhu Wenjia to get the personal seal. He stepped forward to wrap his arms around Bai Changyi’s waist, “Just thinking about the company. But if you signed a non-disclosure agreement, I won’t talk to you about it. I’ll do the rest by myself.”

Even though some things had not been sorted out yet, after tomorrow, everything would come to an end.

On Monday, it rained heavily.

Outside the window, thunder rumbled and lightning flashed. The morning sky was as dark as night.

Ting Shuang put on his formal attire, tied his tie, picked up the folder of documents, and said to Bai Changyi, “I reserved seats on the top floor of the hotel. Seven o’clock tonight. Wait for me to come back.”

“You really don’t need me to come with you?” Because of the time difference, Bai Changyi had a video conference with his graduate students early in the morning. As Ting Shuang was about to leave the house now, he’d suspended the meeting.

“No.” Ting Shuang joked, “You’re too handsome, you’ll steal my limelight too easily.”

Bai Changyi had already waded through a lot of muddy waters for him, it was enough.

Ting Shuang went downstairs. The water level on the roads outside was not shallow, and the rain was heavy. It quickly wet his trousers, leaving him a bit cold, and a bit dirty. He raised his head and looked at the hotel window, thinking about how at this time, Bai Changyi’s feet should be dry and warm.

He recalled them standing on the roof of the LRM building a few months ago. It was a midsummer day, when Bai Changyi asked him what he thought university was.

—— A place that pioneers mankind.

It was an ideal, but oh, handsome old man, not everyone can live to become a pioneer of mankind.

The rain was too heavy, so Ting Shuang hailed a taxi to the RoboRun headquarters.

It was two minutes to nine.

“May I ask who you’re looking for?” asked the front desk.

“I’m here for a meeting.” Ting Shuang took out Ting Yun’s power of attorney from the folder of documents, “I am the trustor(1) of these shares.”

The front desk took a look at it and said, “Wait a minute, I’ll call Secretary Wang.”

“Secretary Wang said that this shareholder does not participate in any company affairs.” The front desk said to Ting Shuang.

Ting Shuang said, “Then please ask Secretary Wang to produce a written document proving that my trustee had indeed given up her relevant rights and interests. Also, please tell Secretary Wang that my surname is Ting.”

Before long, Wang Aiqing walked out of the elevator.

“… Lil’ Shuang.” Wang Aiqing said, “Auntie will tell you something that’s always been in her heart. When you’re schooling, focus on doing well in school. Adult matters will be taken care of by adults.”