77 - About How To Use A Tie Clip Properly

In 2019, there was no one who didn’t know of the ability of cameras and the Internet.

Facing the camera, Yan Liqian’s expression changed several times, but in the end, hints of a smile appeared in the corners of his eyes and mouth. “This is a meeting room.” He said as he walked slowly to the front of the projector. He looked for a specific device, and pressed the button on it, “All meeting rooms are equipped with signal jammers.”

That wasn’t good.

Ting Shuang looked at his phone, and it unsurprisingly displayed “no service”.

Then the camera…

Without question, it wouldn’t be connected to the Internet.

However, the memory card would continue storing the video.

And as long as he still had Weng Yunyi’s fake power of attorney…

He returned the power of attorney into his file of documents.

“Let’s settle everything else in private.” Yan Liqian smiled, looking at Ting Shuang’s document file.

“We can’t settle this privately, I’ve already called the police.” Ting Shuang also smiled, his demeanour calm, “Since if the signal’s jammed, let’s have a little chat while we wait for the police to arrive. After all, we won’t have many opportunities to chat in the future. It wouldn’t be convenient to visit you in prison, right.”

“Called the police? How would you do that? Roborun is an industrial enterprise, why would anyone commit fraud? Who was swindled? This is just a little verbal disagreement, there’s no need to mobilise public security.” Yan Liqian gave the secretary standing nearby a look. The secretary had been working under Yan Liqian for many years, and he had done many things like restricting the actions of others for Yan Liqian. He understood what the look meant, and quickly left the conference room.

Ting Shuang knew at a glance what the secretary was going to do. If he let the secretary go downstairs, he would probably be waiting until tomorrow for the police to arrive at the meeting room on the 18th floor, as they wouldn’t be coming at all.

At that thought, he set out to follow the secretary.

“Stop him.” Yan Liqian ordered the security guards, “He took the company’s important documents and secretly filmed the company’s meeting.”

A few burly and strong security guards blocked the door of the meeting room. Ting Shuang knew that he couldn’t fight them, so he turned around and said to Yan Liqian, “Mr. Yan, would you be able to keep me here for the rest of my life?”

Yan Liqian smiled, his eyes full of kindness, “Of course not. Leave your document file and your tie clip behind, and you can leave immediately.”

Ting Shuang rubbed his tie clip for a while, not bearing to part with it, “My tie clip is made of pure gold… And it’s quite expensive.”

Yan Liqian laughed, “Does Lil’ Shuang care about this little bit of gold?”

Ting Shuang clamped the document file under his armpit, then slowly took off the tie clip, playing with it in his hands as if he loved it so much he couldn’t bear putting it down, “Of course I care, I’m not as rich as Uncle Yan. However, there’s something I haven’t been able to figure out over the past few days… Uncle Yan is so rich, why would he want to convert all of the company’s shares into money at once and deposit it into a bank account…”

As he played with the tie clip, he asked nonchalantly, “Are you suddenly in need of money?”

Other shareholders also turned to look at Yan Liqian.