𝟏 ┃ 𝐹𝑖𝑟𝑠𝑡 𝐵𝑎𝑠𝑒

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

『First Base』

εϊз

Stodgy purple eyes had a haze-like focus on the pen that was twirled in-between her fingers. Despite Aoi standing right next to Shinobu, her voice sounded miles away, akin to the distant whisper you would hear in a forest. The usual reports on the flower arrangement club's recent activities, news, status, all of these seemed so trivial. And even if they were important, Shinobu wouldn't know as she certainly wasn't paying attention.

"Any objections? No? I guess that concludes today's club meeting."

Members of the flower arrangement club scattered out of the classroom, chatting about what they wanted to do and where were they going. Of course, Shinobu was no exception. After all, someone was waiting for her.

✧ ◦ ────── ⋆⋅ εϊз ⋅⋆ ────── ◦ ✧

Shinobu squeezed through the swarm of students that were all on their way home. In the corner of her eyes, she saw the familiar figure of [Y/n] leaning against the school gates.

"Sorry, club meeting took longer than I expected."

"It's fine!"

"Oh, by the way, you do know that the bookstore closes early today, right?"

"Eh? Really? I didn't know that! Let's go!" Shinobu ran forward in a panic, weaving through the crowd of students. [Y/n] stood there dumbfounded for a few seconds and soon followed after.

"Excuse me! I'm sorry! Pardon me!" Shinobu's cries for mercy were drowned away by the deafening chatter and footsteps of the other students.

Without much effort, [Y/n] managed to catch up with Shinobu. The weight on Shinobu's shoulder had been suddenly lifted and as she looked up she saw that [Y/n] had carried her bag for her.

"I know a shortcut!"

Like how the tide will slowly retreat back to the sea, the school's chaotic noise eventually faded as Shinobu and [Y/n] had ran far away from there. Shinobu's breath grew ragged and her shoes' clacks against the pavement slowed.

Shinobu was about to accidentally ram into [Y/n] when she had came to an abrupt halt. An elevated piece of concrete loomed over the two girls. This certainly confused Shinobu as a clear path was right next to the concrete. It wasn't like this tall grey slab could stop them from getting to their destinations.

"This is the shortcut!" [Y/n] exclaimed. Shinobu got even more confused when [Y/n] had positioned herself to help Shinobu get up the raised wall.

"...what?"

"C'mon, I'll boost you up!"

"Alright then...?" [Y/n]'s hands were a surprisingly stable platform for Shinobu to step onto. Yet, just as she had managed to get on foot onto [Y/n]'s hands, she was launched up into the air.