𝟒 ┃ 𝐻𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑅𝑢𝑛

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

『Home Run』

εϊз

Just like any other day, Shinobu sat on the bleachers, watching [Y/n] partake in her weekly baseball training. However on that particular day, there were fewer people watching the baseball team train. Though Shinobu paid no mind to that. After all, she was just here to support her friend.

She thought back to the days that had been leading up to that particular day. And that day was the day [Y/n] was going to confess to her crush. Curiosity piqued, Shinobu's mind wandered. Just how exactly was [Y/n] going to confess?

Shinobu's imagination ran wild as she thought about the various ways it could happen.

[Y/n] flashing a boyish smile while sheepishly scratching the back of her neck, and the person she confessed to would have a bright red tinging their cheeks.

Or perhaps [Y/n] would have come up with some sort of crazy way to confess, after all, she was a rather bold idiot.

Then again, [Y/n] also had natural charm. Maybe she would just hand a simple love letter to her crush with an earnest smile on her face.

So many possibilities.

A wry chuckle escaped from Shinobu's lips. She may have wanted [Y/n] to be happy but that doesn't mean the ache in her heart had gone away yet.

Sighing, she then remembered the conversation she had with [Y/n] that morning.

"You're going to come see me practice, right?"

"Yes."

"Really?"

"Mhm. Oh my, this is already the 5th time that you asked me this morning!"

"Yeah, yeah, j-just be sure to come okay!?"

"I already said I would!"

Just why exactly was [Y/n] so determined on getting Shinobu to come anyway.

Was she nervous that her confession would fail and she wanted Shinobu's words of comfort?

Or did she want Shinobu there for moral support and to make Shinobu proud when the confession had succeeded?

Shinobu tapped her chin as she continue to muse. Well, she was going to find out soon, and no matter the outcome she would support [Y/n].

All of a sudden she heard the (slightly smaller) crowd erupt into a roar and saw something soar into the sky. Dazzled by the bright sun as she looked up, she instinctively held out her hands to block the source of burning light. A sudden weight came into impact with her hand. Purple eyes peeked from underneath her shut lids and saw a baseball safely nested in her hand. However she wasn't stupefied by the sudden ball, rather it was the thick words written with a black marker on the ball that caught her off guard.

On the ball it wrote "Shinobu, you're the one I like!"

Then came a shout, no, a confession.

"Kochou Shinobu! I! Like! You! Please go out with me!"

[Y/n]'s voice carried from the baseball field, loud and clear. Pindrop silence, as if the crowd was waiting with high hopes for Shinobu's answer. Then it clicked. Shinobu was the one that [Y/n] planned on confessing to.

Heat flared in Shinobu's cheeks, the ball tightly clenched in her fist. Eyes of all sorts landed on her, yet, [Y/n]'s [eye colour] eyes were the brightest of them all. She saw it all, hope and anxiety swirling in those refulgent [eye colour] hues. Without even realizing it her body moved on its own, she stood up and cupped her hands around her mouth. Shinobu didn't know if she was trembling out of fear or excitement, maybe both. But she did know her answer for sure.

"I like you too!"

Chaos then ensued. Exhilarating screams from the crowd, the baseball team chanting congratulations, the push and shove of the people around Shinobu, scrambling to look at the girl who [Y/n] confessed to. Shinobu's own heart hammered against her chest and drowned out the blissful mayhem. Shinobu's eyes caught [Y/n] and the latter flashed a gentle smile at her. Both girls had dark blushes dusted on their faces.

Perhaps, it really was a mutual feeling.

After all, love is a mutual feeling.

εϊз

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬