𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

『Epilogue』

εϊз

A sigh escaped from Shinobu's mouth as she carried both her and [Y/n]'s lunch to the infirmary. Again.

Just like the numerous times she had done this before, she passed by the cafeteria. Paying no attention to the chaos called lunch hour, she continued walking to the infirmary with the purple and [favourite colour] lunch boxes in her grasp.

Shinobu stood in front of the infirmary door. Her fingers wrapped around the metal handles. Waves of Deja Vu washed over her as the door rattled against the railing when it was opened.

"Shinobu!" [Y/n's] cheery voice rang out. As if it was second nature, Sanemi stood next to the bed [Y/n] laid on. He glanced up at Shinobu's figure and left the room, comically knocking [Y/n] on the head before he walked out.

"See ya."

Now, [Y/n] and Shinobu were the only two in the infirmary. Dragging a nearby chair, Shinobu sat next to [Y/n]'s bed. The bed made a slight creaking sound when [Y/n] shifted her position to eat her lunch. Simultaneous clicks were made when both of them popped the lid off their container. The fragrant scent of homemade food wafted through the infirmary.

"Thank you for the food!"

However, neither of them touched their food. A faint frown was etched on Shinobu's forehead. And [Y/n], who seemed to notice this, set her food aside and gently pressed down on Shinobu's knitted brows.

"You're going to get wrinkles if you keep doing that. What's wrong?"

"How many times have you sprained your leg this month?" Shinobu's eyes remained downcast, staring at her lunch with a blank look instead of meeting [Y/n]'s gaze.

"Ah," Shinobu felt the warmth of [Y/n]'s fingers cradling her cheeks, guiding purple eyes to meet [eye colour] ones. "It's nothing serious, you don't need to worry about it."

"How can I not worry!? I care about you and seeing you get hurt, it hurts me too!"

[Y/n]'s mouth was slightly ajar, partly shocked from Shinobu's outburst and another part of her felt warm fuzzy feeling bubble inside of her because of Shinobu's concern.

"I'm sorry. I'll be careful next time." [Y/n]'s eyes softened. The pad of [Y/n]'s thumb stroked Shinobu's cheeks in circular motions, and Shinobu leaned into the palm of [Y/n]'s hand, enjoying the physical contact.

"Be safe for me, okay?"

"I will."

Another sigh escaped from Shinobu's mouth, except this time it was a sigh of relief and content.

"Also, do you know why I sprained my leg?"

"Why?" Shinobu tilted her head, curiosity and faint traces of concern swirling in her purple eyes.