Chapter 1: A New Job

When I was at UA, Aizawa was my homeroom teacher starting my second year. He was my favorite teacher by far, he took his job seriously and I really adopted his work ethic. When I graduated, I decided to become an underground hero like him because fame only causes greed. I cringed at the thought of what greed does to people, and what it does to their families.

One day, Nezu called me. I didn't question how he got my number, he has like a 300 IQ so it makes sense somehow.

"Y/n L/n? It's Principal Nezu at UA high. How have you been?"

"I've been... good I guess. Why are you calling me?" I asked.

"I have a job for you. I know you are busy working as an underground hero, but I was wondering if you wanted to work at UA as an assistant teacher." he said.

"Oh, I would love to! When do I start?" I asked.

"The school year starts next week, so why don't you come in tomorrow to plan with the teacher you'll be working with." Nezu said.

"Okay, who will I be working with?" I asked.

"It's a surprise!" he said excitedly.

I sighed and said, "Figures. Okay. I'll see you tomorrow."

I turned off my phone and went back to work.

The next day

I walked into the school, nostalgia hitting me as I walked through the hall. I entered the principal's office and saw him and Aizawa sitting at a table. "Hello." I said, making myself known.

"L/n?" Aizawa asked.

"Aizawa-sensei. It's good to see you." I said happily.

"Nezu? What are they doing here?" Aizawa asked.

"They're going to be your assistant teacher!" Nezu said happily.

"Wait, I'm working with Aizawa-sensei?" I asked.

"Yes. Since I know you respect him and have a similar work ethic, I thought that you'd do great working together."

"Alright. Is that okay with you Aizawa-sensei?" I asked.

"Are you kidding? You were the one student that I could actually tolerate out of your class," he said, "Also we're working together now. Just call me Aizawa."

I smiled and said, "Okay."

I walked home after planning with Aizawa for a few hours and began studying the students of our class.

I flipped through names until I landed on seat 15. "Shoto Todoroki." I said quietly.

I smiled and looked at his picture. "Man, he looks so different."

My eyes then landed on his scar, and I thought back to what happened.

Flashback

Let's say this happened before Touya 'died'

Touya and I were playing around the house when I heard a loud scream come from the kitchen. We locked eyes and ran inside. I gasped as I saw Shoto lying on the floor, clutching his eye, and Rei looking crazy and apologizing profusely to Shoto. "Shoto!" I yelled, running to his side.

I slowly put my hands on his tiny ones and slowly lowered his hands from his face. I gasped when I saw the large, boiling burn over his left eye. I looked back and saw Touya trying to calm down his mom and Natsu and Fuyumi ran in. They ran to me and Shoto, slowly covering his burns with ice to help relieve the pain. I got up and grabbed the first aid kit, which was luckily close by, and started wrapping his burn. I then heard thundering footsteps enter the kitchen. I slowly turned around to be met with an angry Endeavor. I flinched as he stormed over to Shoto, who was still in my arms. He yanked Shoto out of my arms and examined his face. He scowled and noticed Rei's panicked expression and the tea kettle on the floor. He stormed to her, ripped her away from Touya and dragged her away, yelling at her. I felt tears build up in my eyes. I locked eyes with Touya and saw that he was also near tears. Within minutes, Endeavor stormed back in and grabbed Shoto, dragging him away from us. Natsuo and Fuyumi slowly walked away to their room, leaving Touya and I alone in the kitchen. I fell to my knees as the tears threatened to fall. I then felt two shaky arms wrap around me and knew it was Touya. I hugged him close to me, and the two of us sat there, crying into each other's arms.

End of Flashback

I shook my head, trying to shake the tears away from my eyes. I flipped the page and kept studying the students.