Chapter 21: Dinner

My phone started buzzing so I pulled it out of my pocket. I looked at the screen and happily picked up the call. Then just like that, I was running as fast as I could, my heart beating out of my chest.

Endeavor's POV

"You know, since tomorrow's Saturday I was thinking maybe everyone could come to dinner?" Fuyumi suggested.

I smiled a small bit, and then I thought of Y/n. 'I kicked them out when they didn't deserve it. They were just an angry teenager who didn't deserve to be kicked out.... I should make it up to them...' "Fuyumi. Do you have a way to contact Y/n?" I asked.

"Yeah, I have their number. Why?" she asked.

"Can you invite them to dinner?" I asked.

Fuyumi was quiet for a second before saying, "But didn't you ban them from the house?"

"I did, but I want to make up with them. They can come."

I swear I could hear Fuyumi's smile. "Alright, I'll let them know."

Time skip

We walked in and sat down at dinner. I noticed that Y/n wasn't there, so I quirked my eyebrow at Fuyumi. She smiled a bit and then I heard someone storm through the house. "Fuyumi?!" Y/n called out, fear and concern in their voice.

They broke open the door with a shadow sword in hand, before they stopped in their tracks and took in the situation for a second, glancing in between me, the students, and Fuyumi. "Fuyumi... did you lie to me to get me here?" they asked as the sword in their hand faded.

Fuyumi walked up and grabbed their arm. "Sorry Y/n, but I figured you wouldn't come with an invitation."

She struggled to pull them into a chair, Y/n struggling against her. "What is L/n-sensei doing here?" Midoriya asked.

"Fuyumi let me go!" Y/n yelled, trying to pry Fuyumi's arm off of theirs so they could get away.

"I invited them to dinner," I explained.

Y/n stopped in their tracks. Natsuo, Shoto, Bakugou, Midoriya, and Y/n stared at me in disbelief. "W-what?" Natsuo said.

"I th-thought... I thought I wasn't allowed to..." Y/n stuttered.

"They used to live here, so they technically are apart of the family," I pointed out.

Y/n scoffed, muttering to themself. "Come on Y/n, eat with us," Fuyumi pleaded, pulling on their arm.

Y/n glanced at me before sighing, "Fine."

They sat down in between Fuyumi and Natsuo. "Let's do introductions again. I'm Fuyumi, Shoto's older sister and I teach at an elementary school nearby. That's Natsuo, Shoto's older brother. He's in college. And I guess you all know Y/n, they lived here for about 8 years."

We began eating and the boys started gushing over the food. "Not surprised, our house keeper suffered a back injury and had to retire early so Fuyumi's been doing all the cooking." Natsuo explained.

"That's not true Natsu, we all took turns took turns." Fuyumi said.

"Wait, so does that mean I ate your food growing up?" Shoto asked.

"It's possible, although I did go overboard on seasoning. Endeavor might have kept you from eating it. He did keep a close eye on your diet." Natsuo said, glaring at me.

Midoriya and Bakugou got extremely tense. Fuyumi coughed and said, "Y/n did too, they were actually pretty good at it."

Y/n smirked and said, "Although anytime I tried cooking, Touya would come in and ruin it. That boy truly was a terrible cook."