Chapter 10: Protect

There's a few ways to get myself out of this situation. Unfortunately, they require so much concentration that I literally can't do them without keeping an eye on Bakugou, which is my number one priority right now.

I've been trying to keep all the attention on me this entire time. Bakugou has maybe had to say like three sentences, and that's the way I want it to stay. Bakugou's scared. While he isn't showing it, I can see it. He's showing his fear the same way the Todoroki children always have, which is by keeping it hidden. One thing that always shows their fear is their eyes. In Bakugou's eyes, I see a lot of fear which is understandable. He's a 16 year old boy who's been kidnapped by a bunch of villains, I'd be worried if he wasn't scared. My prevention of him from having to speak to them is a feeble shield, but if I can do anything to keep him safe and from gaining any more traumatic memories from this, then I will do so. It's not like this is the first time I've done something like this either. Endeavor always found a reason to be upset with Touya when he wasn't ignoring Touya's entire existence, so I always tried to step in and take the attention off of him whenever I could. It usually worked seeing as Endeavor is a very tunnel-visioned man, only paying attention to what's right in front of him. Not to mention his bitterness toward me.

Dabi seemed to be catching on, smirking every time I would speak up after Shigaraki started talking to Bakugou. Luckily, he was choosing not to say anything about it, probably finding this more entertaining.

"Your anger issues won't be a problem here, in fact I have terrible anger issues and nobody criticizes me." Shigaraki said.

Before Bakugou could reply, I said, "Oh please. Everybody criticizes you. All of the heroes have been calling you a man child, a spoiled brat."

He scowled and said, "Well that's because the heroes are a bunch of judgmental assholes who never think about anything but their fame and fortune!"

'Got him. His attention is off Bakugou.' "Underground heroes rarely receive praise, in fact I make a point to stay away from the media."

"That's not what I'm talking about, heroes like All Might and Endeavor only want the praise and fame, they don't care about anything else!" Shigaraki shouted.

I chuckled, "That may be true for Endeavor, but that isn't true for All Might. While he is a little too cheery and charismatic for my liking, he is genuinely a good person who wants to help people."

Dabi chuckled a bit at that, "They got you there."

Shigaraki scowled and turned back to Bakugou. "We have a plan that will give us the victory. Heroes are always under scrutiny, it doesn't matter how many times they win, if they lose once the public loses their faith in them, and I know how much you like to win."

Bakugou growled and I said, "Please. Just because he's competitive you think he'll join you? I've been working with Bakugou for the past few months and I've seen more than his competitive, hot headed nature. He genuinely wants to become a hero, so it'll take more than that to convince him to join your side."

Bakugou stared at me in disbelief before smiling. Shigaraki growled and said, "You know what, Dabi undo their restraints."

"What? You know they'll just fight back." Dabi reasoned.

"We're trying to recruit them, we need to make them feel welcome here." Shigaraki said.

"Ugh, Twice, get the boy, I've got Y/n."

"Nope, no way!"

"Right on it!" Twice said.

He went over and undid Bakugou's restraints while Dabi undid mine. His cold, almost lifeless hands brushed mine while he did so. 'He feels like a corpse.' I thought to myself as I slowly stood up.