Chapter 1 - Month 1

Marinette walks into the classroom, only to receive glares and nasty looks from half of her classmates.

Marinette: Is everything okay?

Alya makes the first move and slaps Marinette across the face.

Alya: YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID! JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE JEALOUS OF LILA AND ADRIEN DOESN'T GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO BE A BULLY!

Marinette: B-but I didn't-

Kim: YOU HAVE NO PROOF THAT SHE DID ANYTHING!

Max: YEAH THIS COULD'VE ALL BEEN PHOTOSHOPPED!

Sabrina: What reason would Lila have to lie!?

Chloe: CLOUT, JEALOUSY, FAME, OR POPULARITY! I MAY NOT BE ON THE BEST TERMS WITH DUPAIN-CHENG, BUT I'VE KNOWN HER LONG ENOUGH TO KNOW SHE WOULD NEVER DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS!

Lila: Oh no! I didn't mean to u-upset a-anyone!

Alya rushes over to Lila to comfort her.

Alya: Don't worry girl! They're just jealous that you're Jagged Stone's niece and they're not!

Alex: Why would Marinette be jealous? She KNOWS Jagged, Clara, Audrey Bourgeois, Gabriel Agreste and XY! Not to mention she's never, not ONCE flexed her achievements on ANY of us!

Ivan: Yeah, that's right!

Mylene: But sometimes you don't really know if you know a person until they show their true colors!

Marinette: JUST SHUT UP!

She glares at everyone with tears in her eyes.

Marinette: You're right Mylene!

She makes her way to the back of the classroom and sits down with Chloe following behind her.

Marinette: I guess you just don't know people the way you thought you did.

Miss Bustier enters the classroom and everyone takes their seats.

Miss Bustier: Alright class! Take out your books, and open them to page 93. We'll be leaving off where we started yesterday...

Marinette tries to avoid the mean looks and nasty glares she gets from half the room.

Chloe: Dupain er- Marinette...

Marinette: You've never called me by my first name before...

Chloe: I...I wanted to say that I'm- I'm sorry.

Marinette: I'm sorry?

Chloe: Y-yes. I wanted to apologize for how I've been treating you and everyone else that is on your side...I...was jealous. I was jealous that it was so easy for you to make friends, to get people to like you, and I was jealous that you actually had a good relationship with your parents. Basically I was jealous and took it out on you and everyone else. I hope you can forgive me.

Marinette smiles warmly at Chloe.

Marinette: Of course I forgive you.

Chloe: C-cool...friends?

Marinette: No.

Chloe turns away from her with tears in her eyes making half of the class snicker.

Chloe: I-I understand...

Marinette: We can't be friends, because we're besties.

A small gasp can be heard from Alya and Alex looks at her with a smirk on her face.