thanksgiving

It was the day before thanksgiving, and I literally couldn't have been more stressed. Normally, Timothée and I would go to his Mothers house for the festivities, but this year the pressure was all on me. Timothée and I were the hostesses. The reason I was so distressed was because Timothée (bless his heart), can't cook to save his life. So I by myself needed to make a full feast for at least 12 family members. You can see my internal dilemma.

I was making dough for the pumpkin pie crust and I hear Tim walk down the stairs. He comes over, and sits on a chair by our kitchen island.
"Soooo how's it cookin?" Timothée says in the most corny way known to mankind.
"Not good. I have so much to do in so little time. I have pies, turkey, ham, sides to make TONIGHT, or tomorrow will be a disaster." I cave into the pressure and throw hands to my face, and fall into the countertop.
"Well that sucks, but we could always order take out." This is one of the things I find truly admirable about Timothée. He finds the light in every situation. I needed someone like him. I have a tendency to be quite negative from time to time. However, having someone like Tim makes it even out. Kind of like bread and butter.

"You know what Tim? You're right! I'm going to finish making this meal, it will be delectable, and everyone will enjoy it!"
"That's the spirit I like to see, y/n!!!"
Timothée then gets out of his chair, and gives me a hug from behind, kissing my cheek.
"Alright enough messing around. The chef has to continue her work." I then make a swatting sound, causing Timmy to laugh and leave the kitchen. Time to finish making this feast.

All day (and night) long I spend cooking. I wanted everything to be perfect. I really wanted to impress Nicole. It was around 3:00 am and I had finally finished making the last side. I was so impressed with myself. As I was cooking, I kept praying to myself that it was going to turn out well.

After cooking, I go upstairs to our bedroom. I see Timothée sprawled out on our bed. Just like a child. I sighed and gently laid on the mattress, hoping to not awake him from his rest. I didn't succeed however. He grabs me gently, and pulls me close to his chest. "Did you finish the cooking?" Timothée yawned.
"Yeah it's all finished. Really hope your family enjoys it tomorrow."
"They will. Y/n, Nicole and Pauline literally love you. Tomorrow will be great."
"You're right, you're right." Seconds after this I feel into a deep slumber, awaiting tomorrow's big day.

Tomorrow had finally came. In a blink of an eye all of Tim's immediate family was at our dinner table, ready for the meal, and family bonding. My heart was beating out of my chest. Timothée kept gently rubbing my thigh under the table, knowing how anxious I was. Everyone filled their plates giddily. God, please let them like this. We give our thanks, and dived in. Nicole was the first to say something. "I gotta say it y/n this ham is on point! This might be better than mine!"
I giggle. "I doubt that Mrs Chalamet. But thanks so much!"
"Honey please call me Nicole."
"Nicole, got it!"
I can see Timmy's big smile in my peripheral vision. Soon the rest of his family chimes in, giving me praise on the feast I prepared, making me feel quite good about myself.

We finished the day off by watching football in the living room, and chatting about the most random things. They honestly made me feel like a part of the family. The time came way to soon, but it was Time for the Chalamet's to leave. As they were walking out Nicole whispered to Timothée: "that y/n is a keeper. If you don't put a ring on it I swear to god." Timothée blushed and walked back into the house. Everyone was now gone, just Tim and I.

We were washing dishes silently, just enjoying each other's presence.

"Well that went nicely." Timothée simply states.
"that couldn't have been better, you're mom is such a sweetheart."
Timmy laughs. "Yeah she seems to have quite the high praise for you y/n."
"So what are you most thankful for this thanksgiving?"
"Baby, I think you know the answer"
I blushed and grabbed his cheeks with both my hands. He grabs my waist and goes in for a deep, passionate kiss.

What a fantastic thanksgiving that was.

A/n: thought this was cute n corny. Hope someone enjoyed.