One week later

It had been a whole week since her nikkah with Hasan and he hadn't called or texted or anything! they had left to London a few days ago and would be back soon for the walima. but he had kept no contact with her, it was like she wasn't even married. 

Aminah was happy after that rude outburst Hasan had made on their nikkah day. But her parents were starting to become suspicious. she kept telling them he was busy with work, back home in London.

Aminah had told her parents about the intern position and how it was only a 1 month contract and surprisingly they said it was fine with them, as long as Hasan would be willing to extend the walima a little more. 

Now the problem was how would she tell him or ask (she hated having to ask permission like its her life, her choice). Aminah had dared to message the mysterious number, wondering if it was Hasan. 

she heard a ding! who was it? it was him. 

who gave you my number? the message read. 

she texted 10 minutes later, she had to make it seem like she had a life and wasn't always on her phone! you're the one who called me first. btw i only texted you to lyk, we need to extend the walima 3 weeks more.  Aminah hoped he wouldn't be annoying about it. 

you know what i'll make it 5 weeks. don't msg me further. I'm busy. 

Wow rude Aminah thought, but at least he said yes! she didn't reply to him(clearly he said not to).Everything was working out somehow in a weird way. Sabr and shukar. Aminah thought to herself.

The next day Aminah woke up to the bright sun shinig on her face. she turn to the other side, putting the pillow on her face. then her alarm started blaring in her ears. uhggg just wake up she told herself. 

Today was her first day at as an intern, it was mostly just getting introduced to all the managers and designers. she met lizzy and emily who were her fellow interns and their groups designer, will. Now the last person left was the manager.

 As the three of them walked down the hall, Aminah felt butterflies in her stomach, like she always did before meeting someone.

Will knocked on the door, the three of us behind him. "come in" yelled a deep accented voice. it sounded familiar to Aminah. the accent it was british understanding dawned on Aminah.

They all entered the room. Aminah was face to face with.................

TO BE CONTINUED.........................................