First Meeting

Chapter 2

Aminah woke up to a beautiful spring day. It was Monday. That meant in 4 days she would be married. Wow everything is happening so fast. Aminah thought to herself, while brushing her teeth. damn! her electric toothbrush died. oh well he'll have to suffer with my yellow teeth then, Aminah laughed to herself.

As Aminah was walking out of the bathroom, she almost collided with her mom. She heard voices downstairs. That's weird, who could it be? Aminah wondered.

She was about to ask her mom. But her mom quickly pulled her towards her room. "Aminah, your in-laws have arrived early. Quickly get dressed. In the dark blue suite. And hurry they are waiting for you."

"okay amma, but is he there." said Aminah nervously, while she put her brunette curls in a pony .

"of course, silly" said amma, as she left the room. Great. Just great. Aminah said sarcastically to no one in particular.

Aminah tried not to stumble as she walked into the room. Imagine if she fell face first, how embarrassing. she looked around the room. She recognized her chachi and chacha right away. She had met them quite recently, about a year ago. Back when everything was normal between them. They both looked up and smiled warmly at her.

"Assalamualikum" greeted her aunt and uncle.

"Walaikumassaalam" replied Aminah.

Her chachi quickly embraced her in a hug.

"Come darling, sit here next to me. Wow, you are looking even more beautiful than before." said her chachi. Aminah reluctantly sat down next to her. To make everything much more awkward than it already was, she was sitting right in front her fiancé.

While everyone was chatting and laughing, excitingly talking about the nikkah. Aminah took this chance to see her fiancé. She hadn't seen him in thirteen years. People change in just a few years. But now he must be a grown man. I might as well see him before we get married. I hope he isn't ugly. Aminah thought to herself.

As she looked up, she met amber brown eyes that were that were staring right back at her. His stare sent a shiver down Aminah's spine. Embarrassed and shocked Aminah quickly looked down. She could feel the blood rushing to her cheeks.

Well I can definitely say he isn't ugly. Or friendly. One thing was definitely clear, Hasan was not happy. that was not a good sign.

Aminah was so busy thinking of ways to flee the room that she didn't notice her aunt had said something. Aminah leaned towards her aunt "sorry I didn't hear you, over the all the noise"

" its fine beta," she said with a twinkle in her eyes. "the men are just excited talking about old times. It's been too long since we last met." her aunt said, looking awkwardly towards her son sitting quietly. Her aunt then asked what dress she was going to wear for the nikkah ceremony.

"they're in my room, would you like me to show you them?" Aminah said. her aunt nodded. Aminah sighed in relief, as they left the room.

Aminah was exhausted. She felt as though she was in a fashion show. She must've tried a least a twenty different dresses. Finally her aunt approved of the gold and white princess gown.

Her aunt then came in with a few day dresses and jewelry she brought from London for her. They were all gorgeous. But the Most precious of all, was the ring. It fit perfectly around aminah's finger, like it was made for her. It was beyond gorgeous, with a round brilliant center diamond and sweeping loops of smaller diamonds. Aminah felt guilty. I shouldn't have been so angry at her; the marriage wasn't even her idea. She's being so nice . Too nice. Aminah wondered if she knew her sons true feelings towards the marriage. or maybe she was jumping to conclusions and Hasan was happy, but had a weird way of showing it.

That night after everyone left, Aminah collapsed onto her bed feeling exhausted. Her mixed emotions of happiness and regret were making her feel dizzy.

As she lay in bed, she wondered if everything was going right, as it should be. Or wrong, very wrong. She felt a pang in her heart when she thought of his cold stare. She was just about to turn the lights off, when she heard her phone ring. Who could it be at this time? Aminah wondered.

She quickly grabbed her phone and put it on silent. She couldn't pick it up now. It was too late, besides her parents would wake up from the noise. Curiosity got the better of her and she checked the number.

Who called?