Chapter 15.5 Blustery Day (2/2)

Just a note before you get into this one, each ".5" chapter is optional to read.

You will not miss anything from the main plot, these are just to give more insight into what's happening in the "B plot."

On another note, the writing quality may go down on the ".5" chapters as they aren't directly impacting the main plot as of now, though they will eventually provide a little more context to the changes which might occur in the main plot.

Anyway, that's all, happy reading!

————————————————————————

                       [Auditor]

The Auditor walked into the conference room, quickly scanning over to make sure the ones who came to clean actually did their job. From what he could see, it seemed they had, though there was an addition he wasn't expecting. The one who had wanted the interview had showed up early, as a man sat in a chair roughly halfway up the table. Usually, coming in 10 or so minutes early would allow Auditor to be there before anyone arrived, not to mention, able to make sure everything was in order,
'But it seems this one has a drive for being on time... Very good.' He privately remarked, figuring that this interview may not take as much time as he thought if they had truly prepared.

"Good evening, you're here earlier than I expected." The Auditor marvelled, walking to the head of the table and taking his seat. He placed the grey binder on the table, sorting through the contents as the man spoke.
"Of course, I wouldn't want to make you wait for me, sir." They claimed, much to The Auditor's approval.
'Finally, someone who knows how to act around a superior.'
He thought, throughly impressed with their presentation so far.

"I'll need you to state your name, just to be sure we have the right person." The Auditor recited, although it had been years since the last interview, for some reason it was still company policy to ask for a name in the interviews.
'I should remember to change that after this,' internally groaning as he realised this would only add on to the paperwork he already needed to do.
"Phobos, sir. A pleasure to make your acquaintance." They stated, bowing their head respectfully as they spoke. Though he refused to admit it, he was rather flattered, never before had someone shown such decency during an interview.
'Sadly, I'm not allowed to let someone by only from presentation.'
He internally sighed, finally getting all the papers he would need in order.

"From the letter you sent me regarding this meeting, you said you would like to try to become the head of our military, is this correct?" Auditor asked, quickly looking over the letter himself to make sure he hadn't made any mistakes.
"That is correct." Phobos confirmed. No hesitation.
'Have they planned out the whole interview?' Auditor wondered briefly, looking back down to his notes for the next question.

"Alright," Auditor stalled, forming the next question,
"If I were to give you the role, what benefits could you offer?" Surely the wording would at least put them off a little? Unless, they were somehow coming up with this off the top of their own head.
"I believe I could not only be able to dictate your men, but could also strengthen your army." Phobos answered swiftly, Auditor leaned forward to summarise this on a sheet of paper, he would need to remember all the details to properly ensure he did the paperwork right. The room fell silent for a minute, as he finished writing and recalled the next thing while had been written in his notes.

"While I respect your ambition towards the role, I wish to know how you will achieve both of those goals." He inquired, Phobos stayed silent for a second, though it seemed more to form the sentence rather than to come up with the actual answer.

"To dictate them, I will find a way to gain all of their respect, if they do not respect me, I will manage that privately," Phobos took a short breath,
"As for strengthening your army, I believe that if I and the head of science collaborated, we could create unstoppable soldiers." They finished, taking a proper breath while Auditor found himself becoming genuinely intrigued.
'A collaboration between military and science... I'm surprised nobody has had the idea before now..'
He thought, realising all the things that could become possible if such a thing happened. He didn't bother with the notes anymore, they would only prove a hinderance to finding out the information he truly wanted to know.