Chapter 18.5

[Auditor]

Finally, some time to himself. He'd worked all week trying to get everything back in order after a few of his buildings went on strike, quite frankly, he was surprised by how much needed to be done to make up for their little act of rebellion. He'd originally planned to train his new head of military for their role, although that had to be postponed until next week.
'Shame. I've been needing a new standard for formalities.'

He pushed open the doors to his room, letting them drift back to a close as he walked in. Naturally, he'd given himself the best room, after all, running a company was tiring work, he needed a healthy balance between working and resting. He sat on his leather chair which was pushed against the end of his bed, he couldn't tell quite why, but it was comforting to have it there when he was trying to sleep. Auditor relaxed into the seat, taking in the peace. There was no noise and no distractions, truly the perfect way to spend his afternoon. He looked over at the bookshelf across the room which adorned hundreds of books, many of which he'd never read.
'I suppose some light reading could be of interest.'
Though he remained in his chair, it was of no concern, however, he had no deadlines to meet in his free time, and so could do as he pleased, when he pleased.

Someone was knocking on his door.
'How annoying.'
He gave them a chance to walk away, though after a few seconds, whoever was at his door persisted and knocked again. Auditor sighed angrily and reluctantly stood from his seat, fixing his tie before he opened the door. It was Jebus.
'Aren't they meant to be working on their new project?'
He wished they would've just kept working instead of bothering him, at the very least they could have just left him a message.

"For your sake, this better be important." Auditor warned, already wondering how he should get them back in line if they were wasting his time.
"It is, sir." Jebus nodded respectfully, waiting for permission to continue.
"Go on." Auditor permitted, trying to figure out what could be important enough to disturb him from his peace.
"It's about Sheriff, sir. Hofnarr visited me during an experiment to inform me that last he'd seen, Sheriff was working with Hank and the other two." Jebus explained. Auditor's interest was piqued, of course, he'd believed they would find a way to survive, despite the task being near impossible, however... for them to already be working together... Not to mention, Tricky may actually be useful to them.

"Jebus." Auditor said.

"Sir?" Jebus responded.

"Go find Tricky again. Tell him to keep an eye on them." Auditor instructed, deciding he'd let this particular disturbance be forgotten.
"Yes, sir." Jebus replied, beginning to back away. Auditor considered letting their little talk end there, but he was curious...
"Before you go, may I know how far along you are with your project?" Auditor asked, though he made it clear he wanted an answer. Jebus hesitated for a moment,
"It's going well, sir. We just need to fix a few flaws, Project MAG will be ready in a couple months." Jebus assured him, though Auditor was already satisfied knowing the project was working.
"Good. You may leave now." Auditor said, closing the door.

Now his free time would go undisturbed, he ambled to the bookshelf, choosing a book by random and retreating to his chair. He flicked through to the end, trying to determine how long it would take to read. It had around 700 pages, he was fine with this though, it should be able to entertain him for a long while yet.