Chapter 29.5

[Auditor]

"I guarantee, you will enjoy this, sir."
He'd take them at their word. For now. The shutters of the one-way window opened slowly, revealing a large chamber reinforced with metal hidden beneath white padding on the walls and ground. In the centre was a hollow cylindrical chamber which reached several storeys high and was about half of its length in width. Through the glass he could hear it emanating a faint buzzing.

"May you remind me what you've accomplished?"
He looked over to Phobos, from his peripheral he could tell where Jebus was too, as they tinkered with the command panel.

"Jebus will be showcasing his latest breakthrough, which will double as a demonstration for my improved soldiers."
They carried themself with confidence, however it was clear they knew their place.

Auditor looked back to the room, rather intrigued. It had been a while since anyone had made a breakthrough, especially one they deemed important enough for him to oversee the final results of. He noticed the titanium-based door on the side of the room slowly open, as an agent was pushed in.

They looked back from where they came, clearly nervous, before they walked to the machine. After entering, a door slid closed, followed by nothing for the first few seconds, before the humming grew louder. He could hear mechanical parts whirring as a dim light illuminated.

He watched, his interest fully piqued. After a minute, the whirring grew quieter until it was back to a low hum. The door of the machine slid back open, and out came the agent, only this time, big enough to almost match the height of the machine.

How exciting. He had something new to play with.

"We will now begin the second section of our experiment."
He hadn't noticed Jebus come back to the window.

Multiple men entered the room with the super-sized agent, all armed. After surrounding it they began opening fire, to which the agent started swatting at them, occasionally trying to stomp them.

"Tell me, what are these... 'improved' capabilities you told me about?"

"These men are much stronger, faster, and smarter. Their reaction time is phenomenal, and they can endure much more before becoming exhausted."
Their description seemed to be true, as none of the men had managed to die yet, in fact, it seemed they were bound to win.

"However, there is one side-effect..."
Jebus chimed in, just as the agent successfully managed to squash one of its adversaries. The blood came out yellow.

"Does this affect their abilities?"

"No, sir."

Satisfied, he signalled them to close the shutters.

"You two have done well."
With that, he left the room, impressed with their technological progress.