Pseudo Parents

Railyn sighed as soon as her favourite aunt picked up the phone, "I got grounded, again."

Two minutes later, the horn of a beat up Alto could be heard all the way up to the CEO's office in the building that housed the office of an Oberoi Corp branch and the headquarters of Vin Media, both coincidentally being controlled by the ass of the century, at least that's what Gauri calls him.

Railyn perked up as she looked down to the car parked right in front of the entrance of the building. Her aunt had come to save her.

She got out of the car, looking like a pissed fairy in her floor length lehenga complimented with matching accessories that made her look like (at least) a bride's sister on her wedding.

Railyn heard her uncle's phone ring from beyond the lobby she was currently grounded in. The door opened and her uncle entered the room shooting daggers at her. "You called her again."

"She called me!"

"Hello?" Omkaara answered his phone instead of arguing.

"Hello? Are you helloing me right now after torturing my poor niece?"

"Helloing isn't a verb."

"You know what is? Fuck. Go fuck yourself, you ass."

"Woah! Why are you dressed like you're two days away from your mandap?" Omkaara peeped from the big window that Railyn had been using to wave at her aunt.

"I have a date." Gauri muttered. "But that's not the point. Why didn't you call me if you were going to ground her? I would have taken her with me."

"And let her watch you torture another soul?" Omkaara asked and got a middle finger in return.

"Just send her down. I'll take her."

"That would be counterproductive to the grounding."

"Don't use your big words or you'll catch these hands." Gauri balled her hands into tiny fists that were barely visible from the height of the building.

Omkaara chuckled. "Wait for me in the cafe, I'll come back down after I wrap up my meeting."

"Send Railyn ahead. I will be boreeeeed."

Omkaara nodded towards the elevator in response and Railyn was already out of the floor before he could blink. One hundred percent chaos, just like her maasi. He thought as he re-entered the confernce.

When Railyn got down she found her Mausi in car, waving at her to get in. She did as gestured, before she asked, "But Chachu is going to wait for us."

"That loser can stay grounded then," Gauri reversed her car making enough noise to wake up a few dogs on the roadside. "Because we are going shopping." She excitedly hooted as she slammed her heel on the accelerator making Railyn thank the Gods above that she had put her seatbelt on.

"What did you get grounded for by the way?" Gauri asked, uncaring as the breeze blew her hair all over the place.

"He caught me in a party after I said I was in group study." Railyn mumbled.

"The next time, call me. I'll drive you to the party. That way, no one will suspect anything." Gauri suggested as she sped down near a cafe.

"They'll suspect me more then."

"Then, I'll wait by your window, Rupanzel." Gauri winked at her as she parked her car. "I'll be back in a few minutes." She said as she got two varmalas out of her backseat.

"So, another marriage proposal?" Railyn asked but only got a shrug in return.

Ten minutes later, a confused and panicked guy was being chased down by her Maasi as she screamed after him, "Let's get married!I already have the papers ready!"