Hey

This was the first book I made on Wattpad. Back then I thought it was a really cool idea and I was super into Flicker and just developing my character headcanons. This was in February or March 2021, almost a year ago from now. I never expected this book to get 1k reads and become #1 on the flicker hashtag for a while, and I appreciate you all for that.

But months have passed. I ended this book a few months ago but have not taken it down/deleted it and probably never will for reasons I will explain later. I used to be super proud of this book but I admit that sometimes I find myself sort of embarrassed by my old humor. It seems sort of childish looking back (remember I had just turned 13 about 3 months ago when I made this), and sometimes get a bit embarrassed by it. After all, I like to be taken seriously and I feel like I've grown as a person since writing this book. I think deeper about things, I feel very strongly about my opinions, etc. 

A lot of my headcanons have changed since writing this book. I made a lot of the characters stereotypical while writing this because I didn't want it to be too realistic, although I do love realism. I'm too lazy to go back and edit it at the moment, but I may do it someday.

Another thing I'd like to address is that I wasn't as familiar with the internet then as I am today. I've learned that some seemingly harmless things could be considered offensive. I went back and read one of the chapters yesterday and saw that I made Trey say the word "sista." Back then I thought this term was harmless, but a few months ago I learned it's actually not OK for me to say. When I saw that I made Trey say that I edited the chapter immediately. 

I was also rereading my "flicker be like," a few months ago. The book has since been discontinued. I never made a proper announcement, but it is probably not going to be updated again. The main idea of this book was to make fun of inexperienced Flicker players. I made a lot of them have improper spelling/grammar (anyone who read the book knows that because I addressed that the mistakes were intentional at the start of every chapter). A few weeks ago I was rereading it and in one chapter one character spelled another's name wrong. I didn't know the word I typed was bad back then (I didn't even know it was a word), but now I do. I edited it immediately but I still felt pretty shitty after. And no, it's not a well-known word, but some fan page on my fyp on Tik Tok said it was offensive, so I wasn't just gonna leave it there. Why am I saying this? Well, these two things could make others uncomfortable and I don't want that. My main goal on this app at first was always to make people laugh (I don't know how successful I was, but that was what I was hoping for). If you guys spot any words, stereotypes, etc. that are considered offensive while rereading any of my books, please let me know and I'll edit it right away. I want everyone to feel accepted and comfortable here.

Now comes the big question. Why not delete this book? Like I said before, my main goal when I first joined was to make people laugh. Maybe that's not my main goal now, but I will keep this book up. Some people might enjoy reading it even though I find it a little silly. I shouldn't only be thinking about myself here.

That's all for now, goodbye.

-Jumbl3