1

Time: 9:40pm

"Mary! Clean your teeth now and get ready for bed please." Daisy Jolie shouted, but calmly, upstairs to her daughter, Maria, also know as Mary.

"No! It's only half nine!" She replied angrily. "All the other girls stay awake until two in the morning!"

"Firstly, it's twenty to ten, secondly, those silly girls will be incredibly tired and won't concentrate on the important things in life, such as education, and thirdly, I don't care what they do or don't do, your my daughter, and your under my roof so you follow my rules. Any objections?" She said sardonically, but also very sweetly and softly.

"Well, mummy, this isn't just your house, I live here too so it is my house as well. And, I am my own person, you are not the boss of me."

"You do realise you won't win this argument."

"Fine." She replied scornfully.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I was walking down the merry old streets of London, a cat came rushing up to me, indicating for me to follow. As I did so, I realised the cat was taking me somewhere horrid, both scary horrid and manky horrid. The sky was dark, gloomy, misty, the ground was damp and soggy and brown, and the trees and plants looked like there was no point in living anymore and gave up, their branches and leaves were ever so delicate...

And the house! Oh! The house! It was magnificent but abandoned and neglected also, the carpets were burgundy brown, crumbs scattered all over them like rats had been at the bins, there were cobwebs in the corners of the rooms and in the bedroom, one old crooked wardrobe, a worn, oak, single bed and a bin filled with scrunched up pieces of paper.

'Mum and Dad hate me; they tell me off for everything, come up with every silly excuse they can to moan at me, they're never proud of me, always disappointed when they see the glint of happiness in my eye...'

'Not just my parents hate me, all my friends also, they always argue with me, and never want to be partners with me in school.'

'All my friends talk about what they did together at the weekend, I never had an invite...'

As I walked into a small, cramped room, that I assumed to be the kitchen, had only one thing in it, a fridge. In the fridge were either leftovers or untouched food still in it's packet, past it's sell-by date.

25/11/1964

It only went out of date two days ago, so whoever abandoned this place must have only just left... coming for anyone who entered this restricted place, coming for me, coming for me, coming for me...

I turned around, and suddenly, a colossal, ugly, chubby, hairy, spotty, red, yellow, stripy, hideous beast jump-scared me and pounced and it's teeth were yellow and rotten like the spiders in the shadows and she grabbed me and...

She woke up.