2

Time: 8:50am

"Wake up Mary!" Daisy chimed. She was whistling a song she just made up, as if she were in a film. She loved those posh, British films where the kids are so innocent. Unlike reality.

"Oh! Mother! I'm so glad you woke me from that horrid nightmare! I was about to get eaten by this witch! Oh, I'm so glad you're here mummy."

She will never live that down.

Time: 9:00am

"Right girls, today you will be practicing your handwriting. You know what the expectations are; neat, small, cursive. Please write me a play script as to why you should listen in school."

"How on earth do we write a play script of that?" Mary rudely blasted out.

"Well, firstly, do not speak without permission, secondly, try writing what will happen, such as failing, getting a bad job, minimum wage, and then write what should happen, listening, getting good marks, being very successful, earning enough money to pay your bills.

"Ugh, that is so boring." She muttered quiet enough so people didn't hear her.

'Tᗴᗩᑕᕼᗴᖇ: ᗷᒪᗩᕼ, ᗷᒪᗩᕼ, ᗷᒪᗩᕼ. I ᗩᗰ Tᕼᗴ ᔕᗰᗩᖇTᗴᔕT Iᑎ Tᕼᗴ ᖇOOᗰ ᔕO YOᑌ ᕼᗩᐯᗴ TO ᒪIᔕTᗴᑎ TO ᗰᗴ, I'ᗰ Tᕼᗴ ᗷᗴᔕT Iᑎ Tᕼᗴ ᗯOᖇᒪᗪ! ᗷᒪᗩᕼ, ᗷᒪᗩᕼ, ᗷᒪᗩᕼ.

ᗰᗩᖇY: Iᗰ ᑎOT ᒪIᔕTᗴᑎIᑎᘜ!

Tᗴᗩᑕᕼᗴᖇ: YOᑌ ᕼᗩᐯᗴ TO!

ᒪᗩTᗴᖇ: ᕼᗩ ᑎO ᗰOᗴY ᖴOᖇ ᖴOOᗪ

Tᗴᗩᑕᕼᗴᖇ: YOᑌ ᔕᕼOᑌᒪᗪ ᕼᗩᐯᗴ ᒪIᔕTᗴᑎᗴᗪ

Tᕼᗴ ᗴᑎᗪ

"Done!"

"Already? It's been five minutes out of your hour, let me see it." The teacher pursed her lips and marched over to Mary's desk as if she was in the army. "Mary, what is this? It is so rushed and messy, this is not small or cursive, this is not good at all! I would never say that Mary!"

Mary shrugged.

"Fine. I'm sending you to the head mistress's office."

Time: 9:40am

"I can't believe I've been waiting here for over half an hour just because I wrote messily." She muttered, frustrated. "And where even is the head mistress?"

"Maria Jolie, you have disobeyed the teacher, both verbally and physically. I want you to rewrite this play script, right here, right now."

"And if I don't?"

"Then I will ring your mother and ask her to take you home." She replied quickly and firmly.

"Oh, yes please!"

She pushed the pencil and paper towards the end of her desk, away from her, and folded her arms.

"Fine, my pleasure."

Time: 10:02am

"Maria Jol-"

"Oh don't bother with the full names. I've already had that from the head mistress. I'll go to my room then?"

"MARIA JOLIE. I do not care if you have already had the full names, I'll give you them again! And do not, DO NOT, give me that attitude! It was only this morning when you were thanking me for waking you up from that 'horrid nightmare!' So yes! Go to your room!"

She stomped up the stairs like a clumsy hippo.

At that moment, the door burst opened and Mark Jolie, Mary's dad that worked nights, walked in.

"Oh, Mark!" She gave him a hug and a kiss on the cheek, taking his coat, hat and bag. "I think we need to consider hiring a nanny! Maria has been sent home from school due to bad behaviour and lack of interest in lessons. She's going haywire!"

"Where is she?" He demanded an answer.

"I sent her to her room, dear."

"Good, good, yes, that's good. I shall see to her now."

And he stomped off as well.