4

She took the left path. The right one seemed to lead down into a busy town, but she didn't fancy that, she would probably have gotten lost.

The stony cobbled path seemed to go on forever, twisting and turning round bends every few seconds, and the odd stone or twig made her trip every so often. Eventually, the twisting and turning came to a stop, and the path stopped with it at the bottom of a steep hill.

She marched up the hill, twirling round, gradually getting higher and higher, acting as if she were a professional hiker or explorer. That soon stopped though when she fell into another little brook, causing her curved ankle boots to fill with water. That's what happens when you have your nose stuck up in the air I suppose.

She sat on a small boulder and emptied her boots out.

You may think, 'ok, fair enough, she did just fall in a brook, and you did just tell us her boots filled up with water.'

But what caught her by surprise, is that a whole sea came gushing out, flooding the land. Nope, not exaggerating. Ok, maybe I am a bit, a whole sea didn't come out, but trust me, a whole lot of water came out, probably a lot more than what was even in that one brook.

"Oh, gosh!" She clapped her hands to her mouth as she helplessly watched the water flow down the hill as if it were a waterfall.

She couldn't do anything to stop it, and she knew that, so she just carried on her way as if nothing happened, marching up the hill like a determined soldier.

Eventually, she reached the peak of the hill.

She looked down at a small village, one of those villages that are so small, you know everyone's name type of village. It was strange. Something was off about it.

Maybe it was the purple cats roaming the village? Or maybe it was the moaning mice that always found something to moan about and would rant on at a human as if it was normal for a mouse to talk to a human? Or, in the fields in the distance, would it be the rainbow pigs that flashed neon colours every five seconds? Or would it be the fact that the clouds weren't normal? They were floating sheep!

I think, all in all, the thing that made the village look off the most would be that on the signs of shops, every single one had at least one carrot on it. Not a still carrot, lying down on the top of it, a full on carrot, with limbs and facial features, and legs dangling off the sides. A carrot with living features! That were alive! Yes, that was definitely the most off thing about the village.

She skipped down the hill, very happily. All the thoughts of her not being able to get back escaped her mind. She was literally living in a fairytale! No school, no ranting parents that come up with some stupid excuse to moan at you, just you, some talking carrots and floating sheep.

To be fair, the ranting parents have been swapped with the moaning mice, but you can put up with them because at least they're chatty (and they're cute, adorable, little, fluffy mice of course!)