Summer: Day 20

[CONTENT WARNING: there may be some sexual content? lol, who knows...]

Summer: Day 20

Zach's POV:

"I can't believe Kylar spent the night at my house last night," Corey grumbles, ruffling up his hair. "I mean, that kid is your little brother. It's weird."

"Trust me, I one-hundred percent agree."

He shrugs. "Britney seems happy though, I've never seen her date before. I mean, at least Kylar is a nice guy."

"Yeah, real nice," I mutter.

If only people knew how Kylar and I didn't get along. How messed up we are inside and out.

Everyone used to think we were the perfect set of brothers, the typical 'he'll follow in your footsteps' type of brothers. If anything, he doesn't follow me in admiration, he follows me so he can ruin everything I want, and in reality, everything I get.

For instance, the biggest crime he's committed, Mackenzie.

He knew me and Mackenzie were a thing from forever ago. The holding hands, kisses on the cheek, the flirting, the touching, smiles, jokes, laughs, the eye contact. Everything. He knew all of that, because we let him. We let him know it was me and Mackenzie. That it was us. That Mackenzie and I had our own story, separate from theirs.

If only he understood how much that actually meant to me back then, and how much more so it matters now.

An email appears on my screen, and I nudge Corey next to me. "Dude, it got approved."

"What did?"

"Listen," I say, opening the attachment.

To: Mr. Zachariah Montgomery
From: gilliganmanagement.com

Dated: June 25, 2021
Subject: Rental Application Approved for Gilligan Suites

Mr. Montgomery:

I have read your rental application that you submitted a week ago, and I am glad to tell you that I am accepting you as one of my new tenants for Gilligan Suites. After review of your application, you are the tenants I need to stay at my building.

"Tenants?" Corey cut me off, giving me a confused look. "As in plural?"

Ignoring him, I continue;

You said in the letter that your girlfriend was in dire need of a place to stay, given that her home life wasn't the best. I do my best as a landlord to help out those who need it the most. So with that, you two are the perfect candidates for the apartment.

First of all, I'd like to reiterate the monthly expenses which is—

"None of your business," I tell Corey, shaking my head. I skip that paragraph and read the last one out loud;

If you are still interested, please meet me at the ground floor of Gilligan Suites this afternoon at 3 PM. We will sign the paperwork that agrees to the renting of this apartment.

Best regards,
Kurt Reagan
Landlord

"Hold up," he says, slapping me in the arm. "You two are moving in together? Isn't that a bit... fast?"

"No, idiot," I laugh, screwing up my face. "No, I won't be living with her. I'm getting Mackenzie an apartment for her birthday."

He relaxes at my words and nods. "Wow, that's—wow."