Summer: Day 26

Summer: Day 26

Mack's POV:

The person you love waking up to everyday should be the person you marry. Simple facts, and though marriage is a long stretch, my bed is definitely the first candidate. Number one, my bed is extremely loyal. And number two, well, it's just the best thing ever.

I wake up to Zachariah whispering sweet nothings in my ear. "Mackenzie, I don't wanna wake you up, but I just want you to know that you snore in your sleep." I hear him bite down a chuckle. "But it's cute, it's like soft snores and it's kinda soothing. I don't know, but then again, I think you're cute in general."

I try to hide my face deeper into the blanket.

I can get used to waking up to this every morning.

"And you're very pretty," he says and I feel him touch my hair. "Damn, I sound creepy, huh? But seriously, Kenz, I can watch you sleep all day. I think I found my new favorite hobby, it's either that or kissing you. Fuck, I really do love kissing you."

Dammit, why is he so cute?

"Okay now I'm just talking to myself and probably sound like a lunatic, so I'm gonna get in the shower." I feel his weight lift off the bed and I let my heart start beating again. "Oh, and one last thing," he whispers, more to himself. "You're eighteen now, Kenz. I'm ready whenever you are."

Oh. 

The possibilities of taking our relationship even further.

I feel myself get flustered at the very thought of it.

Imagine.

Wait, don't imagine. I don't need anyone else thinking about me and Zachariah doing the dirty.

Zachariah isn't long in the bathroom, and I'm fully awake and dancing around the kitchen by the time he comes walking out. I stare at his exposed torso that is incredibly long considering his sweatpants hang dangerously low on his hips.

When I avert my eyes back up to his, he smirks and walks over to me with a happy grin. "Hi sleepyhead," he murmurs, kissing my forehead. "How'd you sleep?"

"Good," I hum when his lips touch my skin. "You?"

"The best," he says with a chuckle. "You snore like a pig." I roll my eyes. I really don't, you said so yourself, idiot. You said it was cute.

"I don't snore at all," I defend, crossing my arms. "You must be delusional."

He raises an eyebrow at me. "How would you know? You're asleep."

"And you're supposed to be asleep too," I argue, cocking my head to the side in a challenge. "Am I seriously that pretty that you like to watch me sleep?"

He shrugs and helps himself to a cup of coffee. "So what if my girlfriend is the most beautiful person alive? Next to myself, obviously," he laughs. "I think I can stare at you however much I want. God gave me eyes for a reason."

My brain stopped functioning at the word 'girlfriend.'

Like we're real but we're also still fake.

Right?

"I—I made you some pancakes," I mutter, trying to blink my thoughts away.

He sits down on one of the island barstools and bites his lower lip in a smile. "You and your pancakes."

"I feel like it's our thing now, no?" I reply, sitting down next to him.

Zachariah nods, biting into his stack. "I like it, it's cute to have traditions."